lots of contractions after sex... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
does anyone else have lots of painful big contractions after good sex? We haven't been doing much of that lately, but did last night, and for a few hours, I swear, it was like I was in labor. I'm only 35 weeks, so I was a bit worried about that. I remember having one contraction after orgasm with my last pregnancy, but this was like anytime I moved for a couple of hours. Should we hold out for a couple of weeks or is this within the range of normal? I don't want to risk my home birth.
#2 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 02:15 PM

I haven't had any contractions after sex (and I've been expecting them), but I've heard is really common. In fact I heard that is good to have sex during the last couple of weeks to getthe cervix (?) mature and ready to go.

Enjoy:
#3 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 04:45 PM

Well, I'm not having sex, but I have been taking care of things on my own and I do experience contractions after an orgasm, but they don't take my breath away or interfere after a few minutes.

Maybe you should lay off the orgasms.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#4 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk_maker View Post
Maybe you should lay off the orgasms.
But we haven't been having sex for a looooooong tiiiiiiiime <whine> and I wannna! Waaaaaa!

Oh well, it's probably a moot point cause it was probably just a fluke that we actually had sex for once. And it doesn't happen if I take care of business on my own, I just get one nice bh contraction then. So I think maybe it just irritated the heck out of my cervix. Oh well, I've waited a month to get laid, what's wating another week or two to do it again?
#5 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 06:43 PM

It has been four months since I've gotten any sex...you'll be getting no sympathy from this mama.

#6 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 PM

I am having menstrual-like cramps , they are stronger after sex. How does your contraction feel like? I am also only 35 weeks.
#7 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 08:20 PM

We finally had sex last night for the first time in four months! Last night and the times I've taken care of things on my own, I've had what I'd describe as a VERY strong BH contraction afterward. If yours are painful or persist for a number of hours afterward, you may want to talk to your care provider about it and make sure it's safe to continue.
#8 of 15 Old 11-18-2006, 08:35 PM

We dtd last Saturday morning and I had contractions almost all day on Saturday.....and strong ones for several hours afterwards. Dh says he's not touching me until he wants the babe to come out now!
#9 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 AM

As the uterus is involved in the whole female organism, I have noticed that since about 34 weeks it is more difficult to bring on an orgasm because often the contractions start before I have climaxed. I was thinking that I wouldn't be 'getting any' for a long time but my partner and I found a whole new way and I was able to come but then I had lots of contractions afterward. Now I found out I am GB+ and I am contemplating how that will change any additional sex.
#10 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 03:20 AM

We have been having a healthy dose of dtd weekly and I almost always experience a few BH afterwards, but they are never painful, and I actually sometimes don't even notice except when I touch my belly and realize "oh it is as hard as a rock..."

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#11 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 AM

SEX? What is sex??????

Oh I think I may remember what that is.......its been awhile.

I just stick with my 'little friend', 'little friend' is better anyway....

Although I was told to dtd with that guy that lives in my house and claims to be married to me to help my cervix soften. I suppose if I get desperate enough I'll do that. Or maybe I can con some prostaglandins off someone else...
#12 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2girls View Post
Although I was told to dtd with that guy that lives in my house and claims to be married to me to help my cervix soften. I suppose if I get desperate enough I'll do that. Or maybe I can con some prostaglandins off someone else...
I've heard that turkey basters are pretty effective.

#13 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well I'm okayed for birth in a week and a half, so that's as long as I'd have to wait. Plus I am living at my parents house, 2 hours away from my husband right now. So it's really not an issue. But still, those contractions after sex that day seriously hurt and I had to breathe through them. And for me that's just wierd, cause I didn't even notice I was in labor till I was 8 cms with my first. So it just surprised me.

Oh and you can shove a couple of evening primrose capsules up by your cervix if you're worried about prostaglandins. The epo will do just about the same thing. So see, you don't really need sex... :
#14 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 05:57 PM

-from April DDC-

My experience w DS was lots of contractions after sex and maybe it was just a fluke but the morning my water broke we made love-had lots of contractions and 'nesting' and my water broke 12 hours after sex. DS was 2 weeks early. Good luck waiting it out he-he...
#15 of 15 Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 PM

Hmmmm..... I have EPO.
I'm pretty sure I can find a turkey baster if I really need the prostaglandins

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page