Waking in puddles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else? Last night, I found a nice puddle of breastmilk on one side of me. I have also woken in puddles of drool on my pillow. Lovely! And the most fun are the puddles of sweat dripping from between my breasts because they are so large, they create a ton of sweat if I am even a tiny bit warm. Isn't pregnancy sexy!?!
#2 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

heheh I was laying on DH's blanket (we have to have seperate blankies or blanket battles ensue) and he grabbed it, and put it on him, and he's like "OMG this thing is soaked! Did your water break?" I"m like "Wrong area hon, that's boobie juice leakage get used to it..." He's like "Oh...ok...zzzzz"
#3 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 03:53 PM

I don't have the major leaky issue aside from my nipples sticking to my bra every now and then, but I totally feel ya on the sweaty boobs thing. It's really gross.
#4 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM

I'm not leaking from my boobs but it seems like every pore on my body has suddenly opened all the way. I sweat just thinking about moving. Oh and ewww....I hate when I get all sweaty under my boobs. I've always had very very small breasts and they got bigger from BFing...now they're even bigger and they get sweaty underneath. EW!

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#5 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Oh man I thought I was the only drooling machine. What is the deal? And my chest is always sweaty when I wake up. Lovely.
#6 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 06:13 PM

OK from going to NEVER EVER drooling before that I know of, to all of a sudden it's like a puddle every morning! GROSS! I totally feel you on the boob leakage. I fell asleep on the couch yesterday and my hubby woke me up and was like OMG what happened? I started laughing and told him that if he was hungry... he didn't think it was to funny but I was . I can't wait to . With my dd when she would latch on then pull off when she was a newborn, it must have compacted one of my ducts or something cuz she'd get shot in the face with boob juice... Anyone else have this?
#7 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm still nursing dd#1 and haven't leaked any this time. I wonder if it's cause my nipples still remember that they're supposed to keep the milk in. I dunno, it's an interesting question though. Cause last time I just poured colostrum and milk until dd was over a year old, this time, not even a drop has leaked.

Oh and about the sweat thing, my pits always smell. <sigh> guess it could be worse. And my boobs are a 36 F, and have been at least a DD for five or more years, so I'm so used to the under boob sweat and cleavage spring. It's just one more reason why I wonder why women with little boobs want big ones. I want little perky boobs, not my national geographic boluses.
#8 of 11 Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 PM

Man I am drooly too. It's so gross. Afternoon naps are the worst (maybe it's fortunate I don't get them often). I have zero milk leakage, and am not so sweaty since I keep the temp down at night -- DH is completely bundled up in blankets and I'm all spread out in a tank top and shorts. But I do remember being extremely sweaty after my previous babies were born (both November babies). The babies were sweaty too, and between us we'd totally soak the bed.
#9 of 11 Old 11-19-2006, 08:04 AM

We keep the temp down at night too (55 degrees!) and I'm still sweating!!
#10 of 11 Old 11-20-2006, 01:01 PM

As for the drooling thing, I feel like Homer Simpson whenever I fall asleep! I've started using a towel on my pillow just in case... I don't get it either, I've never been a drool monster before this!

DH Cain Mamma to 3 girls LO due 2/15
#11 of 11 Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I think all the drooling, at least for me, is due to the fact that I have to have my mouth open to get enough air at night. They dry air causes me to produce extra saliva, and because I sleep on my side, is just ooozes out of my mouth onto my pillow.

I found breast milk stains on my sheet, so I have put a pad under my sheets to protect the mattress. I wasn't planning to put it on until after the birth to protect from leaky diapers, but oh well!!!

5 more weeks, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks. . .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page