Made a stop at L&D yesterday... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2006, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I wake up after having a night of back pain, contractions, and an upset stomach. Not like I'm sick or anything. Anyway, at lunchtime, I tell my MIL that my back is really hurting me, enough to bring me to tears. So, off we go to the hospital. Upon arriving, a nurse sees me and proceeds to tell me that since this is my 4th birth, shouldn't I KNOW what labor feels like? The other nurse, whom I have known for years interrupts her and starts talking to me all nice and softly. Rude nurse then has to be told that I have a latex sensitivity. I get examined by her, and she's REALLY hurting me, enough that when I get up to pee, I am spotting. Anyway, she tells me that the Dr. is on his way, etc. I sleep on and off, and am told that I have a stomach bug, go home. I am so livid...I know I DO NOT have a stomach bug! They give me a shot of phenegran, and as I am walking off, there is my doctor doing his paperwork and chatting it up with the nurses. : I get home, still having contractions, until I pass out from the phenegran which just wore off about three hours ago. I hope this nurse is not on duty when I go in again.

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 12:47 AM

What a lousy experience! I hope that you are feeling better soon.

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
Old 11-19-2006, 01:05 AM

Sorry you had such a negative experience. What an insensitive witch! I hope she's in a fairer mood if she is there when you go into labor. If she is there, you can request she not set foot in your room. I know I would!

Shannon
Old 11-19-2006, 11:39 AM

Yuck. I had a rough exam last week too and it was just awful. Made my cntrx and back pain WORSE.

Could you have a bladder or kidney infection? That's how I felt with my worst one, and no burning pee or anything. I just knew that was it because I was peeing constantly and my urine was very cloudy. Terrible back pain, leg pain, and lots of contractions. Felt achy and flu-ey too.

Hope you get better soon!

User Tag List