pain down low in front - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't figure out what's causing this pain. It comes and goes, but its right down at the bottom of my uterus and feels like a long-lasting cramp. I thought maybe it was my intestines, but now I don't know. It doesn't feel like contractions. Has anyone else felt this? Could it be a bladder infection without any pain while urinating?
#2 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 06:46 PM

I've had the same thing over the past week..... nothing that hurts, persay, just uncomfy.... Feels like it does right before I start my period....
#3 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 07:17 PM

This started for me soon after the baby dropped! I have no idea what it is either, but you hit the nail on the head, it feels very crampy!

I am sure it's related to the baby's position, but what is she hitting that makes me feel so awful there?
#4 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 PM

I have lots of pain down low and in front I always figured it was the baby scraping against my bones adn such. It hurts so bad it stops me and takes my breath away. It comes and goes and i can feel baby moving in that area. I had this with my last one also. Kept thinking I was in labor or something was wrong. Nope just baby.
#5 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 11:33 PM

There's no way to know for sure what exactly is hurting you, but I can say that I have some serious pubic symphysis pain with this pg'cy (where the two halves of your pelvis meet in the front). I get it mostly with position changes.
#6 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 11:34 PM

With my last child --all my contractions were there --strong pulling feelings --worse & worse till I got scared & called the Dr -went in to the hospital & was 3 cm dilated & had her 3 hours later .

I have had the same kind of pulling lately but short lived & not painful really .I think it is the baby s position also.

::
momma to 4
#7 of 10 Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM

I have this too but especially when I have to pee. If I wait just a second too long then th ediscomfort really kicks in.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#8 of 10 Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 AM

Are you sure it is not contractions? Are they timable? My contractions with both of my labors were only in front below the belly button. I never had a contraction 'wrap around' like you always read a true contraction does.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#9 of 10 Old 11-20-2006, 12:21 AM

I'm having intermittent pains there too - I assumed it was the baby moving around and either hitting my pubic bone(s) or a nerve or something. This is nothing like contractions for my first, so I'm not thinking this is "it" - but since I'm not clear on what BH feel like, they could be those. Hmm...
#10 of 10 Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one! I'm starting to really feel ready for this birth.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page