Pressure when sitting down??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK so I know that this may sound really stupid coming from a 2nd time mom, but I have to ask! I went to see my OB on Friday and wasn't dialated AGAIN! So last night I had about 3-4 hours of good contractions, coming about ever 10-15 minutes apart.... Then they just stopped! Well now today, every time I go to pee, I feel like this baby is going to come out! I have a TON of pressure when I sit on the toilet... it's almost to the point that it's painful pressure right in my crotch. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I'm 37 weeks 4 days....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM

I feel a lot of pressure usually when I stand up after sitting for a while...

But it sure sounds like your body is getting ready!!!!
#3 of 7 Old 11-23-2006, 01:25 PM

I never had prodromal labor with #1, but I did with #2. Weeks of it. Did nuthin' dialation-wise, but I'm assuming my uterus got a good workout out of it For some reason we need practice after #1

Baby is probably sitting in a funny spot that just doesn't feel right - sounds kind of odd because I think a lot of mamas like the toilet at this stage. But maybe it's engaging and moving down a bit, and that's the pressure you're feeling?
#4 of 7 Old 11-24-2006, 11:25 PM

This is what happens to me. I have that feeling of the baby's head engaging, and I know that isn't it. It feels like it's head is ready to come out. That is when I head off to the chiropractor for a good adjustment. She helps realign my tailbone area, which has been giving me hell this pregnancy. It seems to end up hurting when I sit down, especially on stools where my feet are hanging. I had to stop my spinning classes as well, because I can no longer sit on the bicycle seat.

But you have had some progress, so it could be the head is really moving down. I am still 35 weeks, and have had this feeling for many weeks now.
#5 of 7 Old 11-24-2006, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

See the strange thing about it is that I went to the OB today, and he said that I'm not even dialated, he can't even get a fingertip thru my cervix, and he can't even feel the baby's head without pushing down on my tummy. Its strange cuz with my dd, I was dialated for 5 weeks at least a centimeter, and this one, NOTHING! I'm 38 weeks 1 day and NOTHING.... sigh....
#6 of 7 Old 11-25-2006, 09:07 AM

I think that is normal with second babies. I wasn't dialated until birth started with number 2 or 3. Don't worry! If the pain continues, seriously try a chiropractor who specializes in pregnancy. It will do wonders for the pain. The other thing to try is some vaginal massage. The muscles are probably very tight in there, and it helps release the muscles, all the way to the tailbone.

Hang in there!
#7 of 7 Old 11-25-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeasun View Post
I think that is normal with second babies. I wasn't dialated until birth started with number 2 or 3. Don't worry! If the pain continues, seriously try a chiropractor who specializes in pregnancy. It will do wonders for the pain. The other thing to try is some vaginal massage. The muscles are probably very tight in there, and it helps release the muscles, all the way to the tailbone.

Hang in there!
Ooh! I love the massage idea. I've been meaning to do a perineal massage this time around anyway (but haven't gotten organized enough to do it) but REALLY like the idea of getting some release from those muscles.

Oh - and I second the chiro recomendation. I had an adjustment last week that I could have kissed my chiro for! I've been going all along, but for some reason, last weeks adjustment was just heavenly!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page