Everything is perfectly fine - except baby is still breech. It's freaking DH out a little, me too, since this hasn't happened before. I'm calling today to a chiro she recommended who did the Webster technique, and if that doesn't work, might see the old OB about doing a version. My MW said baby still has lots of room, being my muscles are lax from the other pregnancies. SHe showed me where baby's head is (towards the top on the left side), and she told me to feel occasionally to see if baby has turned.
I'm still doing the positions she recommended, and I hope something works. She hasn't done a breech birth, and wouldn't be comfortable doing one at home. So if baby doesn't turn, it'll be a hospital birth-more-likely-a-C-section for me, which is absolutely what I do NOT
want to happen
Oh, and our home visit went awful last week. The doula really upset DH, and she said if he wasn't comfortable being there for the birth, maybe he shouldn't. She was more concerned about her role in this, instead of being supportive to us. Needless to say, we won't be using her anywmore. DH was voicing his concernsover being so far away from the hospital (which we thought we'd have to go 45 minutes for). So he was ready to say NO to the HB, but the MW had calmed some of his fears down. But I was just so upset & crying, hearing some of the things DH was saying (kinda putting everything on me, I don't care about his feelings, etc.).
So they left a little while after that, I didn't even get my prenatal stuff done. DH & I talked, and we decided that the doula was NOT going to be there, but he was still comfortable with our MW & the HB. Our MW called the next morning, wondering how we were doing. And I told her that we weren't going to use the doula, and we'd have to find someone else. She even thought the doula was way out of line, and she tried calling her to tell her that, but no one was home. The doula is gone for the week, so I'll be calling her next week that we weren't comfortable having her there anymore.
And DH (who is a volunteer EMT) talked with the head Dr. from our local hospital (10 miles away) about us having a HB, and if anything went wrong, what emergencies could they handle (it's a very small hospital), and he said anything. So that was a big relief for us, knowing we'd only have to go 10 miles instead of 45-50 just in case.
If only baby would turn, I'd be completely relaxed, waiting for labor to start. But until baby is turned, I'll be a little nervous. The thought of seeing a chiro scares me, but a C-section scares me more. So I'm going to try everything to get baby turned.
Sorry this got so long, and thank you if you read the whole thing....