Anybody else desperately trying to hang in there a bit longer? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ack. All these babies being born and others anxiously wishing it was their turn is freaking me out. I am NOT ready to have this baby yet!!

I'm trying to make it til December 8th, another 17 days, which puts me at 38w4d (this is my 3rd c-section). However, my blood pressure does not seem to have gotten this memo. It has slowly been creeping up, up, up for about 10 days now.

It's just now at the official pre-eclampsia stage for most of the day, and everything I can find says the average time from official diagnosis til delivery is approximately 14 days. I did not make it that long with my first pg from diagnosis til delivery though, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm off my feet, in the bed, doing as little as humanly possible, but that comes to an end on Friday when my help has to go back home. I'm afraid that it won't take more than a few days at the most of me chasing three preschoolers around for delivery to become necessary.

Anybody else trying to hold out for a few more weeks? I do NOT want a baby in the NICU if it can be avoided. Of course, that's preferable to a baby in utero not getting adequate oxygen while my blood pressure is too high. ARGH.

I'm hoping for November 27th at a MINIMUM as that puts me at 37 weeks on the dot. We shall see....
#2 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 PM

My whole family is pretty sick with some sort of GI thing/upper respiratory thing and it would be much better if baby waited to come until at least next week. I will be 39 weeks next week so that will put us into the window of when my babies usually come.

I hope your pressure stays under control and gives your babe some more time to bake!

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#3 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 01:19 PM

I am not ready either. I am not due until the 8th and have in my mind he won't be here early. I hope not! So you are not the only one.
#4 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 02:13 PM

I'm hoping baby waits until after DH finishes finals! I think he is totally finished with everything after the 20th... I think having an infant right now would put him over the top...:

My boys were not early at all, so I'm not really worried... but I guess girls develop faster than boy babies and can be born before boys...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#5 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM

I could have written your post!

My blood pressure issues continue despite increasing medication, so I'd like to at least make it to 37 weeks next Wednesday. My son was induced early due to blood pressure issues at 36 1/2 weeks, and I'd like this one to bake just a little more.

Plus, as excited as I am to have him here, I'm trying to enjoy my last days with my other two children and lavish as much attention on them as I can before the big arrival. Not to mention the list of things I'd like to get done before the baby arrives . . .

Here's hoping our pressures stay down, the kids are patient with our resting, and our babies hang in there just a bit longer!
#6 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 03:42 PM

I am not ready yet either, I am thinking most of us due the last week are hoping for a while longer.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#7 of 10 Old 11-21-2006, 04:02 PM

I want mine to wait until Dec 2 at the earliest. Dh has a business trip for 5 days when we return from Thanksgiving. I want him here for her birth! I don't have any reason to believe that I will go early, other than the fact that I don't want to so I figure it may happen. Plus, I need this little booger to turn head down!

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#8 of 10 Old 11-22-2006, 12:35 AM

Not ready here yet either. I did a lot of nesting stuff a few weeks ago when I had more energy, but I still have so much to do. I've been doing chiro 2x a week to get my posterior little gal to roll over in there, midwife appt 1x a week, and DS and I have had dentist and orthodontist appts recently, so I've been swamped and I'm tired of running to appts. It eats up our whole day.

DH is in graduate school and his finals start on my due date. It would be easier for him to get his two finals over with now rather than later. He's allowed to defer them until later, but by then he'll just be sleep deprived plus trying to study w/ a newborn, which is probably worse!

I also just came down with some sort of cold/allergy thing. I don't feel sick but I'm coughing up (TMI) icky stuff...I don't want to chance spreading it to baby.

I'll be 38 weeks on friday. DS arrived at 39w1d, and my dates with him were very accurate because he was an IUI baby. I thought maybe I'd go early this time but I'm kinda crossing my fingers I won't this time. With baby being posterior, I suppose I may go past my EDD by a few days or more anyway.

I can relate
#9 of 10 Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 AM

Not ready here either, but I'm also not due until the end of December and do not want my little one in the NICU at all. (Of course full term doesn't guarantee anything.) And I still have a huge list of things to take care of before this bundle arrives. But I can also see how those mamas due at the beginning of December would be getting anxious, so I'll be very happy to read lots of other mama's birth stories before I'm ready to post my own.
#10 of 10 Old 11-22-2006, 03:13 AM

Mentally ready but... we have some things to finish before baby arrives. Anyway, she is due Dec. 16 so I guess, I still have some time but, you never know.

We are finishing cleaning up an extra bedroom that I want to birth in and have later as a night nursing station in case I need it. This room has been basically a huge storage for my dh. He just dumped anything there and it collected until recently to such extent I was not able to enter the room. I have to actually praise him for working on the room in the last few days and making an enormous progress. We still need a day or two for him to finish and then I can enter with a vacuum cleaner and spruce it up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page