BP issues - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else here having them?

I am having problems with low bp. it's dropped 30 points from my first trimester. And the woozy faintness is NOT good.

Now yeah, I know it's not associated with any birthing problems or anything, but there is always the danger of passing out and hitting my head on something.

Ideas how to raise blood pressure? Having issues yourself?
#2 of 9 Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 PM

Well, I've had low bp all along. It's been 90-something over 60-something consistently. I don't know how to raise it, but I would just suggest lying down and resting when you feel dizzy. At least sit down, if you can't lie down. Keep drinking lots of fluids. These are the things I try to do. My mw says low fluid volume can make it feel worse. Good luck.
#3 of 9 Old 11-21-2006, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

lots of fluids- been doing that. sitting/lying down- bwahahaha! that's an open invitation for 2yo to run and jump on the belly and make me puke, then claw at the boobs for "nannie" ugh. not safe to sit or lie have to get her stuck somewhere else (videos are good) before I can.
#4 of 9 Old 11-21-2006, 10:33 PM

I'm not having BP issues, but wanted to give you a . I'm sure being lightheaded and woozy while chasing around a two year old is not fun!!
#5 of 9 Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 AM

What happens when you eat salty stuff? Are you low on protein? I would increase that as well.

I have low bp too but it never gets past the point of dizzy spells. It is scary.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#6 of 9 Old 11-22-2006, 12:45 AM

Not from your ddc, but I thought I would chime in with an idea or two. I know that eating things that have pepper in them will help to naturally raise your bp. That is any sort of pepper (bell, hot, black, whatever) so maybe you could make a stuffed pepper for dinner, and have some chips and salsa for a snack. Best of luck in getting your bp up.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#7 of 9 Old 11-22-2006, 10:26 AM

Well, I have the opposite problem--mine is really high. So I don't have advice on raising since I'm usually trying to lower. Although from time to time I think mine drops . . . the other day in the shower I got really lightheaded and dizzy and had to sit down.

But, I can empathize. Dealing with BP issues is not fun. (((HUGS))) to you and I wish you the best with it.
#8 of 9 Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Make sure you're eating plenty of salt. Salt helps your body hold on to fluid, which in the case of uncomfortably low BP is a very good thing! Also take care if you stand up quickly, or in taking very hot showers, which can increase dizziness.

My BP always runs 80s-90s/50s-60s, as does my mom's, and we both experience periods of dizziness if we don't keep up w/salt intake.

The good news is, that aside from potentially taking a fall b/c you're dizzy, low blood pressure is an extremely good sign in terms of heart and kidney health! I work w/cardiologists who are always pleased w/BPs like this!
#9 of 9 Old 11-23-2006, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

do I really want to hold on to more fluid?? Already have pitting edema

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page