New here, hello! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-22-2006, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone! I just found this DDC and am excited about it! MDC is awesome!
To introduce myself.. I am 24, married to the man of my dreams, pregnant with my first and due on Christmas day! We've decided not to find out the sex, so we're looking forward to our little surprise.

Lately I am feeling like I have forever! My due date was moved up two weeks because the baby is big, so they think it'll come early. But I feel like this baby's not comming any time soon. I've only had two or three false contractions, I am lactating a little, but I feel like I have forever to wait! I'm having some aches and pains that are really normal, but even my midwife is surprised! I have almost zero swelling, and although the baby is big my belly is not sticking out very far. So, I guess I'm just feeling like I still have tons of time left! A friend was due the 26th of Dec and had her baby a month ago, and reading all the posts about all the babies being born is exciting, but I just feel like I still have forever!
Is this baby ever going to come!? I'm ready to meet him/her!!
#2 of 6 Old 11-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Welcome Kristie! Congrats on your upcoming holiday arrival! We have all been playing the... "When will baby get here?!?!" game too, but the real answer is... who knows? They like to surprise us I think!

I'm glad you're having a good healthy pregnancy and hope you have fun here while you wait for baby to arrive!
#3 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 01:05 PM

Welcome, Kristie! I agree, this is one of the better (if not the best) sites.
#4 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Congrats on your pg, Kristi, & welcome to the group! I'm Shannon, mom to Tyler (12), Jordan (4) & Logan (14 mo.) & we're expecting our little surprise soon. The EDD is 12/5 but I think the baby will be later than that.

Shannon
#5 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 02:09 PM

Happy pregnancy!

I was pregnant with my first when I was 23 and felt GREAT through the entire pregnancy, except for a little siatica... Enjoy your last few weeks of quiet and being able to be alone!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 08:13 PM

Welcome, Kristie! You will love it here
Sounds like you've a nice life started up there Enjoy the last weeks of your first pregnancy...it's so special to still be the two of you, but awaiting your precious little one! There's nothing like it.
Is the Christmas due date the moved-up date or your original date?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page