Looks like I made it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-23-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As of tomorrow I'm finally 36 weeks. Although if baby decided to come this coming week there would be a bit of drama since my MW said she'd attend, but that we need to be prepared to transport baby if need be (chances higher sort of thing...). So I know I won't fully relax until a week from now, but it is nice to know I won't be sent immediately to a hospital if labor starts.

Time to make sure the house is super-clean all the time. And to take a nap every afternoon. Guess I need to get the diapers down, the carseat, little bitty clothes, get them all clean!

What special things are you all doing to get ready for labor?
#2 of 7 Old 11-23-2006, 07:25 PM

I have tons left to do. I haven't washed any of the new baby clothes yet, or the diapers, or anything. We need to put together our co-sleeper! Get together all the supplies for the homebirth. Etc, etc. Lots and lots to do, I'm tired just thinking about it! Hopefully we'll get a lot done this weekend

I'm so glad you made it to 36 weeks too!!!!!
#3 of 7 Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Congrats on making it to 36 wks!!! I just made it to 37 today and that is the earliest they will deliver at home in the UK...I feel so much better knowing that the babe could come anytime now and be okay!

Of course it the babe did come, I wouldn't be prepared...still haven't washed the diapers or clothes...and we need to pick up a few more homebirth supplies (extra towels/sheets, etc.)...but it is slowly happening....

Oh and my in-laws bought us a tumble dryer as an early christmas gift - it is being delivered tomorrow - hence why I have been waiting to do the clothes and dipes!!!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#4 of 7 Old 11-23-2006, 09:21 PM

That's great! I remember thinking about being past that certain mark in my pg with my last one, but it didn't really enter my mind this time around.

I'm not really doing anything to get ready. I've washed all my unisex & girl clothing & put it up. Now I need to track down all the boy clothes in boxes in the garage so I can wash it & pick out something.

Shannon
#5 of 7 Old 11-24-2006, 01:56 AM

You made it! Yay!!!

I need to make a list of anything else we need to bring that's not in the hospital bag, and clean the bathtub. I don't really wish to labor in it at the moment.

Other than that, we are ready for a baby anytime.
#6 of 7 Old 11-24-2006, 07:59 AM

Congrats on making it!!!! Hope the next few weeks fly by for you!
I'm 39 weeks today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by She2dancer View Post
Oh and my in-laws bought us a tumble dryer as an early christmas gift - it is being delivered tomorrow - hence why I have been waiting to do the clothes and dipes!!!
Our inlaws did the same thing!!!!! I feel like i've died and gone to heaven!!! I waited till we had ours to do all the washing as well.
#7 of 7 Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Hooray! that has got to be a great feeling. I was looking forward to getting to that point myself.

Are your other kids going to be there for the birth? I can't remember.

Good luck with getting everything cozy and ready.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page