Is nausea ever a sign of labor to start soon? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-01-2006, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous for about an hour. My first thought was - does this mean labor is soon? I have read about diarrhea being a sign but not nausea. Is it just random nausea? Anyone ever hear of it being a sign that things are starting to happen?
#2 of 7 Old 12-01-2006, 04:06 PM

DS was born on a Saturday. The thurs. night before I went into labor, DH cooked some pork (which we rarely eat) on the grill. That night in bed I had nightsweats and nausea. I kept insisting I had trichinosis from him not cooking the pork well enough or something I even debated having him call the midwife to ask what we should do.

I felt better the next day. That night we went out to dinner w/ friends. My water broke at 8am the next day.

I had some night time nausea the past 1-2 nights, and I am contracting more, but nothing regular (I'm 39 weeks today). So far it hasn't been predictive but I think for me it signals the start of some kind of hormonal shift (I would think that could lead to nausea). I've also been VERY hot the past few nights and had to turn on the AC and fan last night to sleep.

Good luck!~~
#3 of 7 Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM

I've had nausea, too! Last night it was really bad. Add to that my achy breasts and I'm a whining machine. My poor dh and kids...

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#4 of 7 Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 PM

I'm not sure, but I've also been nauseous and feeling hot all week! Maybe it's a sign of something going on with hormones as a PP said.
#5 of 7 Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM

hmmmm....not sure.

I don't know about the diarrhea anymore either I had it with the other kids the day before labor started, but now I'm on my 3rd day of it. Thinking it might be something else going on!
#6 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 04:55 AM

ive been dealign with the same thing, we dont even got the heater on in our room at night and im soo hot, but i have been naousous but morning sickness only really went away for about a month so im not really sure lmao. but its like some days i just feel so blah im wondering if labors around the corner or not . i turn 37 weeks tomorow
#7 of 7 Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 AM
mlh

I am so glad I saw this post.
The past 2 nights I have been so nauseous (however you spell that word). I was worried last night i was getting the flu, but feel fine this morning. I was also thinking it was something I ate, but my dh and dd ate the same thing and felt fine.
it must be the hormones.
i have a mw appt in a few hours..i will ask her about it.
so nice to know I'm not alone with these crazy pregnancy feelings!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page