Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well it's good for mom..kinda..

But notsogood for baby

Max has been coughing up and puking up mucous and amniotic fluid for the past day or so.

He wasn't squeezed enough during labour to get rid of it all..

He's grouchy.
#2 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Poor sweetie. I hope he's able to get it all out soon without needing any interventions.

Shannon
#3 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM

Oh yuck mama. I hope he drains out soon and you get BFing going.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#4 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well last night he puked up about 3 more oz of it.

He puked up about 3oz of it earlyer in the day, and then 3 more oz last night around 2am.

He might be in the clear hopefully. I'll get the MW to check it out too.

He's got a recessed chin or overbite so we REALLY need to work on latch issues.

Right now I'm just letting him get on and suck as he feels comfortable so he gets *something* I can let my nipples heal and work on latch later.
#5 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post

Max has been coughing up and puking up mucous and amniotic fluid for the past day or so.

He wasn't squeezed enough during labour to get rid of it all..

Melvin had this same thing the first 2 days. He's all better now though, with just an OCCASIONAL spit up. Hope Max gets better soon!
#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM

Hope your little one feels better soon!
#7 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 PM

(Not in your DDC but wanted to give you a hug)

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#8 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 PM

Pandora,
I'm not sure if you are interested in trying homeopathy with Max, but I'll make a suggestion or 2 here, in case you are.

My 3 yo has respiratory issues related to (mostly fall) allergies. He gets very wet in his lungs and sometimes ends up with an upper respiratory infection because of it. Because of this, remedies that are useful with 'wet lungs' are the ones I'm becoming most familiar with.

One of the ones that helps him is Spongia -- which is what I use when his lungs sound 'spongey'.

In my book "The Homeopathic Childbirth Manual" by Betty Idarius (who's both a homeopath and a midwife) another of my favorite respiratory remedies is listed under 'newborn care.'

Antimonium Tartaricum: "For respiratory distress from fluid in the respiratory tract. The baby's throat and lungs are full of mucus, which you will hear rattling. The respiration is accelerated. This is the main remedy for meconium aspiration with the above symptoms. In extreme cases there will be severe rattling, gasping, breathlessness, paleness..."

Camphora: "is the remedy to use if Antimonium Tartaricum seems indicated but fails to act.

Also:
"The dose for a newborn is the same as for an adult. To prevent possible gagging or spiting out of the remedy, cruse a dose between 2 spoons and place the resulting powder into the baby's mouth. You can also dissolve the remedy in water, which is especially convenient if you need to give a frequently repeated dose..."

Of course if you have access to a homeopath, that would be the ideal situation, so that he/she could evaluate Max's entire situation (including any other residual birth trauma) and recommend the best remedy. Failing that as an option, though, I believe that the Antimonium might bring him some relief.

HTH,
pregnant-homeopath-in-training

Maryhippie.gif

#9 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 PM

My DS did this for the first three or so days too, but I was in labor for 11 hours! My midwife said it was totally normal and it was just him clearing out his system. It sure did scare me the first couple times too, and it made for a grumpy baby here as well.

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

#10 of 10 Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM

Awww, poor Max! Sounds like he's getting a lot out though, which is good. My friend had this happen with her baby after a 30 hr labor...weird huh?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page