I've decided..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to stop answering the phone all together!:

Friends, family, pretty much everyone we know keeps calling to ask if I have had the baby yet. Do people think we AREN'T going to tell anyone? I mean, seriously! My husband's parents even called the other day because apparently they thought we "might" not have called to let them know.: I've decided they are all insane and I'm not answering the phone for anyone. It's driving me crazy having everyone bug us!
#2 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 AM

Ugh, I've started getting the calls "just to check" from some people. Drives me crazy! LOL, some people's reasoning is beyond words !

Good luck! I hope they don't start dropping by "because no one asnswered the phone"!

#3 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM

With my second birth, my ILs called DH's cell phone JUST as I was pushing the baby out. Worse -- he answered it!!! They heard her very first cry, which I might think was cool if I wasn't still annoyed about it.

So when you're turning your ringer off don't forget your cell phone!
#4 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 AM

No one is pestering me yet...of course we did tell the families that this baby was due at the END of December even though in truth it's next week... But I've already decided to only answer my phone when it is DH or one of my friends who knows that babies come when they come. Thank goodness for caller ID. We will be turning our phones off when in labor -- once the midwife arrives, that is.

Maryhippie.gif

#5 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 11:40 AM

That drives me nuts, too!! Our family keeps asking when do you think the baby is going to be born? Will it be this week? We really want you to have it this week. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Well, ok, sure I'll do that.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#6 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 PM

That's so funny...my phone has totally stopped ringing, as of 2 weeks ago No one wants to know when I'm in labor, so they are afraid to call Now, of course, anytime I go out, everyone says, "Oh, so you haven't had your baby yet?"

Well.....this giant belly would suggest...not QUITE!
#7 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 12:47 PM

I am overdue for the first time and the phone calls are NOT helping me!
#8 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 12:56 PM

I'm getting the calls too. At first I thought it was sweet, and felt really happy that so many people were excited. Now it's very hard to be nice and patient. My husband is also getting neighbors flagging him down and asking him when I'm not around!

~heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
#9 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 PM

yeah i quit using the elevator at work. I swear the same people ask me the same thing everyday- you haven't had that baby yet? When are you due again? Uhh lets see a day earlier then i was yesterday... Uhh it so annoying i'm not even due yet. What the heck are they going to say if i DO actually go over due. I'm not due for another two weeks.So i figure if i go overdue for by 2 weeks (trying not to jinx myself, knock on wood ) i could still be here for another month, I'm pretty sure i can't put up with the same questions for the next month, i am going insane. ( when i do use the elevator i make sure there is no one in it, and if i see anyone coming i quickly push the close button.... ha ha ha ha )
#10 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 PM

What is wrong with people? I started getting those phone calls too and I ended up snapping at my SIL, who had the unfortunate honor of calling the day before I went into labor. She cheerfully asked how I was feeling and after I snapped at her, I told her EXACTLY how I was feeling... it was quite a laundry list.

Anybody who asks you any dumb questions now deserves exactly what they get!!
#11 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 02:21 PM

'haven't you had that baby yet?'

Why, yes, last night, but he/she wasn't quite done so we put her/him back.

Luckily enough we haven't been inundated... yet.
#12 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 03:38 PM

I am so making up a fake (later) due date for my next baby!!!
#13 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM

I just went through the drive thru at McDonalds : and the lady says, "When are you going to have your baby?" I don't even have a good come back for that one.
#14 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM

We're just completely ignoring the phone...although my dad has been calling LITERALLY MULTIPLE times a day...as if I'd suddenly forgotten he existed...OH FORGOT TO TELL YOU!! Baby's here! *gar* right now I have 12 new messages on our machine and no plans to listen to them...and that doesn't even COUNT our cell phones...I swear if I hear a phone during labor I might SNAP! :
#15 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3babiesin2years View Post
I just went through the drive thru at McDonalds : and the lady says, "When are you going to have your baby?" I don't even have a good come back for that one.
Try "NEVER!" (but in order to give the full impact you have to YELL IT and then screech your tires driving away...hahahahahaaa that was funny to think about!!)
Picture the look on her face if you'd actually done that!! Snatched the bag of food, shouted "NEVER!" and screeched off.....ohhhhhhh that makes it totally worth it!
#16 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 05:28 PM

This one was hilarious, a friend asked "Have you had any contractions yet" wow!!! I just said no and turned away, she is not even my "friend" she is just someone I see every now and then.
#17 of 20 Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuau View Post
This one was hilarious, a friend asked "Have you had any contractions yet" wow!!! I just said no and turned away, she is not even my "friend" she is just someone I see every now and then.
How ignorant!! As if you're going to have one contraction and the baby is going to fly out!!
#18 of 20 Old 12-12-2006, 05:12 AM

That's how my family was the first time around. It was so funny (well, really annoying to a 40 week pregnant lady, but in hindsight, kind of funny).

This time around I added a few days to the day I told them was the EDD to give myself a little cusion before they all started freaking out.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#19 of 20 Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am SO done answering the phone. I have just wanted to "hermit" for the last week or so. I even TOLD my one friend "Hey, I am really not wanting to talk to people and stuff. I just need some "Me" time. Time to chill before the baby comes." She then sends me 3 emails and one really REALLY desperate phone msg. "Don't you love me anymore?" WTF!!!!!!!!

I KNOW people are curious....but I have TOLD THEM ALL they are on the email list for DH to let them know when we are a family of 3! I have a friend who called on Thursday who I haven't called back yet.

GGGRRRRRR...... and on top of it all.... I CAN NOT SLEEP!!! I have had about 5 hours of sleep in the past 2 days I am ready, I will tell you when we have the baby...OK!
#20 of 20 Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post
'haven't you had that baby yet?'

Why, yes, last night, but he/she wasn't quite done so we put her/him back.
Katt,

That is too funny!! I dare you to say that!! Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page