Another "still here" thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering who is still hanging around. I'm 41 wk, 2 days now. Went for a BPP/NST last night & got stuck in triage for a couple of hours b/c the baby's heart rate was high and they wanted to see it settle down (it did). Of course, they were all excited that I was contracting every five minutes - unfortunately, I've been doing that for weeks!

Took castor oil this morning - YUCK! Who knows if it might help, I hope so! With DD, I took castor oil in the morning, and was in labor maybe 10 hours later. Coincidence? Who knows.

My in-laws are coming down tomorrow. I really, really hope to be in labor before they get here b/c I am simply not up for any kind of socializing right now.

So - how's everyone else doing?
#2 of 15 Old 12-29-2006, 08:12 PM
mlh

yes still here.
officially overdue today
feeling ok. i am really excited to meet my baby. i thought i would go early, but here i am still waiting!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow
#3 of 15 Old 12-29-2006, 10:08 PM

42 weeks today... bloody show, contractions, but nothing *serious*... Baby has moved so far down though that I am now SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!

If we haven't gotten anywhere by tomorrow I'll try the castor oil thing... I'm getting desperate!
#4 of 15 Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 AM

Still here, official DD was yesterday, ultrasound DD was today. I've had bloody show and mucus plug, a few small and random contractions, but nothing to take my breath away.

Went for a long walk today. I'm hoping to wake up in labor tonight.

Good luck everyone!

Mommy to kids

#5 of 15 Old 12-30-2006, 03:14 PM

Still here! Official dd is tommorrow. Passing lots of mucous plug, and having some random contractions that do take my breath away!

I took some Evening Primrose Oil this afternoon, and will take more tonight. I think I'll also have a small glass of wine tonight, and see if relaxtion helps. Because I have GD, OB isn't giving me a lot of extra time. I have to have an ultrasound on Tuesday if still pg....hopefully I won't be!
#6 of 15 Old 01-01-2007, 05:04 AM

I'm still here. My official DD was two days ago (the 30th). I had some decent contractions that night, but took a hot bath and they went away. Nothing since.

I do have about a million things on my "to clean" list tho, so maybe that's a sign?

My SIL arrived to help with things and I've really wanted her to be here for the birth all along, but she's leaving Friday, so am starting to feel a little pressure (I know, it's only Monday, but that still means Friday is coming...).

Anyway, happy birthing vibes to all you mamas. I hope that some of these babies come out soon (mine included - I think I might lose my mind if I went to 42 weeks.)

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#7 of 15 Old 01-01-2007, 05:15 AM

Just wanted you guys to know that you're not alone in the waiting game. I too thought this baby was coming early and now I just cannot believe that I'm a week overdue! I know this sounds crazy, but is anyone else having a hard time believing that their baby will ever show its face?! I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever, like I'm going to be the first woman in which the baby never comes out of! My midwife assured me, "I haven't seen one stay in yet!"

Happy laboring vibes to all you late mamas out there! Apparantly our babies just don't understand how tax deductions and medical insurance deductibles work (ha ha)!
#8 of 15 Old 01-01-2007, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I'm feeling like I'll be pregnant forever - at least through February! I'm now 41 wks, 5 days.

My midwife would prefer to induce once I hit 42 weeks, so that would be Wednesday night. Today is Monday morning. I'm not sure I want to go past 42 weeks, frankly. I'm uncomfortable, tired of being asked if I'm still pregnant, and am now almost 2 weeks into my maternity leave (I just couldn't face my commute any longer so stopped working on my due date). Plus, there are the slightly increased risks of going past 42 weeks. I know the risks of induction, too, but I'm getting to the end of my rope.

DD was 11 days late, so I wasn't seriously expecting the baby to come early, but this is really getting long. Especially, since, in retrospect, I think my dates were slightly off last time, and DD was probably more like 8 days past EDD. I'm sure of dates this time, I was charting.

Sorry for the lengthy whine ladies, I hope others are feeling more positive!! GL!
#9 of 15 Old 01-01-2007, 12:34 PM
mlh

well, it is now january. I am still hanging on here at 4 days over due. i know it's not that over due, but it feels like it. we are taking things day by day in hopes something will happen soon.
take care mamas!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
#10 of 15 Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 PM

I just wanted to post this in case it helps anyone out there with a midwife - if my babe isn't here by tomorrow, my midwife is going to use a technique to induce me that is natural. They put a catheter tube in my vagina (no, NOT in my urethra!) and put it right up against the cervix or part way in if I'm dilated at all. Then they run some water through it to create a bubble of pressure that is supposed to help my water break or speed up dilation. While I was at my last appointment, a woman and her 8-day-old baby came in and she told me that's what got her into labor the very night she had it done. We'll see - there's no sure thing, but I just wanted to throw this idea out there.

On another note, I keep having dreams that all the people who are around me that are pregnant and aren't due until next summer have already had their babies while I still have mine inside me! I am trying to be positive and keep the faith that he will come, but there are moments that aren't so easy - like when everyone is calling and saying, "I thought the baby would've been here by now."

Maybe today will be our day... or tomorrow...
#11 of 15 Old 01-02-2007, 04:23 PM

I am still waiting for my babe to arrive. I am 12 days overdue. I delivered ds 11 days overdue so I really thought that yesterday would be the day. No such luck. I am really getting anxious. Last night I woke up at 4:30 am with pretty decent bh 5 minutes apart. I thought well maybe this is it - it wasn't. I really want to meet this little one. I am going to call my midwife today and see what else she can recommend. I've been doing blue cohosh in the homeopathic form, nipple stimulation, trying to convince dh to dtd but we are so tired once we lay down, spicy food, rocking on the birth ball, and talking to the babe.
On Saturday I had my first internal and am 90% effaced, 1 cm, and the babe is at 0 station. Is it possible that the babe will stay in there forever - it sure feels that way. I told dh that I think that babe has put up permanent residence in my womb. Ds is going to think we were kidding him about being a big brother. He probably thinks I just have a big ol' belly!
#12 of 15 Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigislandmama View Post
I am still waiting for my babe to arrive. I am 12 days overdue. I delivered ds 11 days overdue so I really thought that yesterday would be the day. No such luck. I am really getting anxious. Last night I woke up at 4:30 am with pretty decent bh 5 minutes apart. I thought well maybe this is it - it wasn't. I really want to meet this little one. I am going to call my midwife today and see what else she can recommend. I've been doing blue cohosh in the homeopathic form, nipple stimulation, trying to convince dh to dtd but we are so tired once we lay down, spicy food, rocking on the birth ball, and talking to the babe.
On Saturday I had my first internal and am 90% effaced, 1 cm, and the babe is at 0 station. Is it possible that the babe will stay in there forever - it sure feels that way. I told dh that I think that babe has put up permanent residence in my womb.
It's good to hear someone else in my same boat! I was "due" on the 20th, so I'm now 13 days over, by the midwife's count. I expected to bbe later than the DD, but not THIS late. I've been 3cm. dialated and 80% effaced for two weeks now. I've had a couple of non-stress tests, gotten my fluid checked, and everyting is healthy, including my BP. I've tried sex, nipples, spicy food, bumpy car rides, even had my membranes swept today. She's just too comfortable in there!

I'm going in tomorrow to talk about "what next" with my midwife. If this child doesn't show up by Sunday, the midwife will want to induce. I feel like the baby is fine, but Sunday is pushing 43 weeks, so it doesn't seem to be rushing things to talk about "other options" by that point. I'm very nervous about inducion, not to mention just plain impatient to meet this baby (and freaked out about using 3 weeks of my maternity leave just sitting around with nothing happening!).
#13 of 15 Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 PM

happy2bmama, I just HAD to post....

Have you had your Foley catheter yet?? I had one during my 54-hour labour, and it was absolutely the most painful part! It was, however, great for practicing my breathing techniques!!

I hope it went well, if you did have it...it's not easy, but certainly preferable to drugs! In my case, it was just used to get my cervix to dilate enough for me to induced with AROM and oxytocin...

Good luck to ALL of you...I have been there!!

Mom to two amazing boys, C (July 2005) and D (May 2010)

Founder/leader of a Babywearing group, and loving it!

#14 of 15 Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 PM

lifescholar -

Thanks for asking - yes, I had it done today and it was fine. I'm sorry yours was so painful. I'm so at the point of wanting this baby to come that I was probably more brave than usual though! After it was in and filled up, I HAD to use the restroom and when I walked out of the bathroom, I felt like I was in a different world. The cramping immediately started (and hasn't stopped and is uncomfortable, but not unbearable) and my head just felt different - everything even looked different. I have been contracting all day and now they're about 10 minutes apart and definitely getting more intense and I'm needing to really breathe through them. I think tonight may be the night, but I am not wanting to totally get my hopes up in case things peter out, but I really can't imagine that happening. This is the most "progress" I've felt at all. I agree with you that this method is definitely preferable to drugs. I liked that it wouldn't work unless I was "ripe" enough, so to me it felt like I wasn't forcing it.

Thanks for your post - it's good to know I'm not the only one out there who went the catheter route!
#15 of 15 Old 01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
mlh

hi all,
i am a week over due now and my midwife has suggested Black Cohosh 3 times a day and accupunture. i am going to try these things this week. i am trying for a vbac so if i don't go into labor i am scheduled for another cesarean next week. I am so stressed and confused and sad, but also glad to have an end in site.:
take care of yourselves mamas...our time will be soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page