Postpartum bleeding ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2007, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi..I'm mostly a lurker here but I have a quick question. How long did you bleed bright red blood? I'm almost 2 weeks postpartum and still bleeding bright red blood. I passed a golf ball sized clot a few days ago but the nurse at the OB office didn't seem concerned. All the info online states the red blood should stop by now. I'm laying around doing nothing so I don't think that's the problem. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 PM

I would say I bled red blood from time to time for about 3 weeks. I am now 5 weeks pp and I have been having some pink blood with clear discharge (tmi sorry) yesterday and today. I am really hoping that I am not getting my AF back since I am nursing around the clock on demand. I didn't get my AF back until Elle was 22 months and I am very much looking forward to a long stretch with no AF this time around also!!!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Mine for sure lasted that long. I didn't stop bleeding altogether until 7 weeks after, but it wasn't red that long. Probably more like 3 or 4 weeks. My mw was not concerned.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
Old 01-07-2007, 10:03 PM

For me it was about 2 1/2 weeks, but it was off and on.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm glad you asked this question. I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 2 weeks and 1 day past delivery and the bleeding will be totally stopped and then all of a sudden I'll feel a gush and have to go put a pad on. I'll bleed for a few hours, then it stops for quite a while. It's strange. I wondered if I was doing too much, but it sounds like it's pretty normal from the responses so far. Which I'm relieved to hear.

Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 AM

This is my third baby and for some reason I don't remember what happened last time :

but I've been bleeding on and off for the past 10 days, I now have some pink-ish discharge... and after pains! arg--they still hurt...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 01-11-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saramomofmany View Post
I'm glad you asked this question. I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 2 weeks and 1 day past delivery and the bleeding will be totally stopped and then all of a sudden I'll feel a gush and have to go put a pad on. I'll bleed for a few hours, then it stops for quite a while. It's strange. I wondered if I was doing too much, but it sounds like it's pretty normal from the responses so far. Which I'm relieved to hear.

Sara
thats exactly how mines been lol, it confuses me because i think i just bled nonstop with my son from what i can recall.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 PM

well I'm 4 weeks pp now and I'm still bleeding red blood. It's not a lot, kinda on and off, but still bright red. I think I was this way with dd too. I bled the entire 6 weeks with her, and then the day after I was six weeks, it just kind of magically disappeared. I don't remember it ever being pink then either. It may have though. But my mideife isn't concerned now either, as long as it's less than a period.

User Tag List