birth stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems everyone posted the storie of the labor , idont think that i ever did i meant to lol. but anyways here it is

christmas eve night i got stuff ready for xmas morning , the video camera and digital camera put the presents under the tree after joseph went to bed.

since sex can help induce labor we figured we would give it a try, i went overdue with my son. i think my water might have broken that night but i wasnt sure , i took a shower and put comfy pajamas on in case i went into labor for some reason i was thinking i would go into labor the next day , odd how that is. i had mild contractions at 7am and woke up to pee, went back in bed and layed there trying to get back to sleep but the contractions wouldnt let me, so i just got up and got on the computer , and timed contractions, they were getting regular but not so painful, hubby heard me pacing about and i think he knew something was up if im not in bed when he is, so i told him we "might" be having a baby today and called myparents who are back in the states and told them. then i went to walk to change into clothes in case we headed to the hospital then my water noticable broke so i told hubby that yepp we are having a baby today, it was christmas morning, joseph was still asleep so i went and changed, the contractions were alot more painful then and closer prob between 4-5 min and 2-4 min apart, hubby thought it was funny and kept saying how we had so much time and i was yelling at him to get joseph up so we could go. so he got him up i got the bags ready . he had me carry our son to the car , he was scraping the ice off the window, we drove our son to my friends house 15 min away and i had 5 contractions on the way there, then hubby thought it would be funny to drive slow and pretend to be lost so i was in no mood and hit him in the face with my hand with my wedding rings on it, he got alittle mad at that but he was asking for it. i think we were the only people at the hosptial christmas morning. we left the house a little after 8am, my water had noticably broke at 7:20am. we got to the hospital alittle after 9am and itold them my water had broken they still checked me and hooked me up to the monitor for heartbeat and contractions but eventually took me off cuz i knew i was in labor and after the short time on the monitor she knew i was in labor, i was 4cm when i got there and got checked, we filled out the form for an epidural, hubby was taking pics of me in pain for laughs. they came and gave me saline in an IV wich they do before the epidural, then they took it out and had me pee, i had to wait in between contractions to pee though i thought if i didnt id have the baby on the toilet lol. hubby walked me to the toilet and back all of that took about 20 min stopping for contractions and feeling like i was gonna throw up. the contractions were back to back by now , i got no break in between it seemed like , i couldnt even get the breathing right by that point. the midwife went to go check something so me and hubby were sitting there , i told him they need to give me an epidural or she needs to be born the pain was unbearable. the midwife came back they were about to check me again to see how dilated i was but i had a strong urge to push and told her, and i did push she told me not to push but i was like I CANT NOT PUSH. the dr wasnt there yet, so i was pushing and she was trying to push the baby back in lmao. the dr came in and put his gloves on after 3 pushes she was there. suprisingly i never felt that ring of fire everyone talks about. i only pushed 4 times total. they laid her on me right away then put pitocin in the IV line so i could deliver the placenta. they checked and got ready to do stitches but he checked me and i didnt need any. the epidural i never got, the lady came down to do it 30 min after jordynne was born. they couldnt get a hold of her to tell her we didnt need it anymoer lol. after that they cut her cord and laid her beside me so i could breastfeed her, she started eating right away. we called my parents to tell them she was here, it was 5am there but we woke em up anyways they wanted to hear the good news, she was 8lbs 4 oz and 22 inches long. full head of hair like my son. suprisngly i felt really good after she was born they had me get up to pee befor ei was moved upstairs, after my son was born i felt horrible with no sleep at all , incredible pain , i tore with him and had to be stitchedup. when i got up to walk to the bathroom i felt sick and turned to puke but evidently b lacked out instead, i was pale for days afterward as well , i got an epidural with him though dunno if that is what made me feel so horrible. but her labor wasnt tha tbad at all , i forgot to mention she was born at 10:47am on december 25th 2006. she will be 3 weeks old on monday , she just had her 2 week well baby checkup , they didnt tell me the weight they do it in grams here and im unsure of how to convert so i never asked but the pediatrician said her weight is good so the breastfeeding is going awesome, they gave her the vitamin k shot and gave me aprescription for vitamin D liquid form to give her daily. josephs come around to her now before he didnt know what to think now he gives her kisses and when she cries will try and hand me pacifiers or a bottle if i have milk pumped at the time. hes learning and hes acting more grown up now i thought he would be beating her up and stuff but hes doing pretty good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page