going on 1 year of hitting! When will ds stop hitting?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I have tried everything to stop ds from hitting. Sometimes I just get so mad, frustrated, sad, etc. Why doesn't it stop? How do I get through to him? It is causing a big connection problem with us. He hits me, and his 1 year old sister mostly, but even last night he hit a lady he didn't even know. He does it when he gets mad or if he wants attention. He almost 3 and started right before dd was born when he was almost 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, I wrote a pretty long post about this very subject - boys under age 7 and hitting - on my blog. You can find the link on my blog:
http://theparentingpassageway.com/20...7-and-hitting/

I hope that will help you, it can be so very frustrating to deal with hitting and unfortunately I have mainly seen that three and a half to four and then six again are also peak times for more physical aggression. Checking into food allergies, amount of media your child is exposed to, sleep patterns, the amount of outside time your child is getting, how calm you are with the hitting, are all worth looking into it.
Does the hitting happen at certain times more than others? That would be a helpful thing to post here so folks can give you some suggestions...

Warmly,
Carrie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page