Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1059 Old 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Number 2-

DS, As much as mama wishes she did, Mama does NOT control the universe. I cannot make that song you like come back on the radio, I cannot make Bob the Builder start over, I cannot make your airplanes fly, I cannot make your 2 legged dinosaur stand on carpet. I do not control the television, radio or gravity. It'd be cool if I did, but I don't.

No, you will NOT get a toy every time we set foot in Walmart. You just had Christmas where you got a freaking TON of toys...and your birthday is coming up in 3 weeks where you'll get another TON of toys...

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 1059 Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
CAN YOU PLEEEASE LEARN TO TALK MORE CLEARLY SO I KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE SAYING??

IF YOU ASK FOR A BANANA OR A PIECE OF STRING CHEESE, AND I OPEN IT, THEN EAT THE G*DDAMN THING! I AM TIRED OF FINDING HALF-ROTTEN BANANA PIECES AND DESICCATED CHEESE ALL OVER THE TABLES/COUNTERS/FLOOR BECAUSE YOU DECIDE YOU DON'T WANT WHAT YOU HAVE JUST SAID YOU DO WANT!!!!

:
: I'm quite certain I've stated these phrases (maybe not exactly word for word) to my 3.5 year old at some point in time.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#423 of 1059 Old 01-03-2009, 05:55 PM

LOVE this thread, haven't read all the posts but "SO HELP ME, I WISH YOU TWO WOULD STOP JUMPING IN YOUR ALREADY HALF BROKEN CRIBS. I'M SURE EVERYONE IN OUR TOWNHOUSE BLOCK CAN HEAR YOU AND IT'S VERY ANNOYING TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO. D'YA THINK YOU COULD GIVE IT A REST FOR A DAY OR TWO AND LET US SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT INSTEAD OF PILE DRIVING YOUR CRIBS STARTING AT 3 IN THE MORNING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Yeah that does feel better!

~Patricia~, wife to D, mom to V:, mummy to S/C : , ::. Learning how to be a GREAT mom to my autistic twins and loving it!
#424 of 1059 Old 01-03-2009, 07:01 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just give me 5 sec to THINK. I know you love to TALK TALK TALK and I know that when you were 21/2 I took you to a speech therapist because you weren't talking and now that you are 4 you are a better talker than anyone I know and I should be grateful and proud but I DON"T KNOW all the answers to your QUESTIONS and NO LITTLE GIRL WE ARE NOT GOING TO GOOGLE ALL YOUR QUESTIONS on the computer and when you tell me "mommy you are welcome for helping you clean up" after I have asked you five zillion times to pick up your DAMN PLASTIC TALKING TOYS THAT THE MIL GOT YOU FOR CHRISTMAS THAT MAKES ME WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT OF MY HEAD EVERYTIME I HEAR THE GODAWFUL NOISE it makes me want to run away. I HATE CHRISTMAS is that wrong???? I HATE TOYS-YES I AM THE GRINCH. If I here one more Ruby and Max episode I may just throw up. OH AND STOP STOP STOP FOR THE MILLIONTH GAZILLIONTH TIME STOP CHEWING ON YOUR SLEEVES. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT INFURIATES ME TO SEE YOU CHEWING ON YOUR BRAND NEW CLOTHES THAT I BOUGHT YOU. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH
AND TO THE LITTLE 18 mo old. I don't want to nurse you right now-not every five minutes. I know you aren't eating any food and you REFUSE every freakin thing I try to feed you but NO you are NOT going to NURSE ALL DAY. I AM NOT AN OPEN BAR. EAT your &^*!!@#!!! FOOD I MADE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP FRICKIN RUNNING AWAY WHEN YOU HAVE A DIRTY DIAPER-I DON'T WANT YOU GET A RASH OR get SH*T ALL OVER MY HOUSE.
TO THEM BOTH: STOP TOUCHING EACH OTHER, DON'T LOOK AT EACH OTHER, STOP JUMPING OFF OF THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO GET HURT, NO CANDY-WHO THE HELL GIVES LITTLE KIDS CANDY IN THE CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS---STUPID F*&&& PEOPLE.
To the husband: Don't even think I am on vacation since nursing school is out right now. THIS IS NOT A VACATION. I AM NOT HERE TO CATER TO YOUR EVERY NEED JUST BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO STUDY RIGHT NOW. I am not built to be a housewife. If there is no dinner made because I had an exhausting day MAKE YOURSELF SOMETHING and hey here is a novel idea- make me something too. PICK UP YOUR FREAKIN HUGE A** SHOES AND STINKY SOCKS I am NOT THE MAID nor am I YOUR MOTHER. I am the MOTHER TO YOUR TWO LITTLE MONSTERS.
MANTRA TO SELF: I will rise above, I will not lose my mind, I will survive
#425 of 1059 Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Last night:
Im tired. You should be tired. You are clearly not.
When we're lying in bed at 11:30 pm and I'm clearly trying to get you to sleep, please refrain from climbing on me. Do not pull my water glass off the headboard and dump it on my pillow. NO, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO LIFT UP MY TOP AND BUMP YOUR HEAD REPEATEDLY OFF THE REMNANTS OF MY BABY BELLY, MAKING LOUD 'WHUMPH WHUMPH WHUMPH' NOISES WHILE DROOLING PROFUSELY AND LAUGHING! This is not only very rude, it's hardly conducive to my resting. Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to SLEEEEEEEP!

Today:
Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down.
PLEASE DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT!
You whine to be picked up, then headbutt me in the face because you want down. Over and over and over again.

Me + him = DS 01/08 & DD 09/09 X2
#426 of 1059 Old 01-06-2009, 01:53 AM

DAMMIT! STOP! PULLING! YOUR BROTHER'S! HAIR! JUST STOP IT!

i'm about ready to get some scissors and finish the job he started a month ago! jeez!

christina

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
#427 of 1059 Old 01-06-2009, 07:00 AM

stop shoo-ing the dog, cats are not for eating, no, george does not want to eat the wooden carrot. i said no. oh great, he's upset now, just what we need! that's enough now! ENOUGH! stop. no, the dog doesn't want the carrot either!
no more juice! no! that's your Omas silly idea, i never gave you any juice, you can drink the apple tea. & no, no tv! mind your head, you'll hurt it when you throw yourself back like that! oh what did i say.you alright? no, you still can't watch tv. MIND YOUR HEAD! STOP THROWING YOUR HEAD BACK LIKE THAT !
STOP THROWING CHEESE! NO, STOP PEEING ON THE FLOOR! NO, it is NOT a muddy puddle, it is PEE!

(i think i have got a toddler from hell.)
#428 of 1059 Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BekahMomToOliver View Post
You whine to be picked up, then headbutt me in the face because you want down. Over and over and over again.

yes. yes. yes.
i am so happy right now.
not because you get headbutt-ed in the face, but
because i am not the only one this happens to!
<3
i am with you mama,
#429 of 1059 Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Stop putting stickers on the baby!
No!
Stop it!
Aaaaaah!
#430 of 1059 Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 PM

i could have used this thread a few weeks ago when i was really losing it!!: )
Now I just feel like yelling at DH : ) Is there a thread for that
#431 of 1059 Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM

PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN AND STOP CUTTING EVERYTHING !!!
DRAW ON PAPER ONLY!!!!
PULL YOUR PANTS BACK UP, WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR BUTT TEN TIMES A DAY!!!!

STOP SAYING PENIS!!!!

And what I really want to yell but don't...

OH MY GOD YOU JUST ATE TEN F-ING MINUTES AGO!!!! I AM SICK OF GETTING YOU FOOD!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET OFF ME!!! I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE PHYSICAL CONTACT!!!!!

STOP TALKING I CAN'T TAKE THE SOUND OF YOUR VOICE ANY MORE TODAY!!!

Thanks...that was cathartic.

Jade : -Writing, vegan mom of Garrett, Drew, and Grace. Into feeling:
#432 of 1059 Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 PM

geez louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop playing with my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#433 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Go. To. Bed.
#434 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
ALSO IF YOU ASK FOR A BANANA OR A PIECE OF STRING CHEESE, AND I OPEN IT, THEN EAT THE G*DDAMN THING! I AM TIRED OF FINDING HALF-ROTTEN BANANA PIECES AND DESICCATED CHEESE ALL OVER THE TABLES/COUNTERS/FLOOR BECAUSE YOU DECIDE YOU DON'T WANT WHAT YOU HAVE JUST SAID YOU DO WANT!!!!
are you sure that wasn't my dd over at your house doing this?
#435 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
To the 12 year old......

could we go back to Thumper's rule?

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Your constant negativity is wearing on me. Your life is pretty good. Trust me.
#436 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 AM

Stay the hell out of the goddamn pantry and stop dumping pancake mix on the floor!

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#437 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 03:38 AM

STOP!! You canNOT have food in the living room. We've lived here for 3.5 years, and YOU'VE NEVER been allowed to have food in the living room. NOTHING has changed!!

STOP!! PEEING ON THE LIVING ROOM CARPET IS NOT OKAY - NOT OKAY. I can't stand it anymore. Stop peeing on the carpet!! I don't care how cute you look while you're doing it and I don't care if you grin at me - IT'S NOT OKAY TO PEE ON THE CARPET!!!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS WET AND SOAPY TO ASK FOR SOMETHING TO EAT. YOU REALLY DON'T!! You had an hour - I asked if you were hungry. I offered you stuff. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL MY HANDS ARE WET AND SOAPY TO DECIDE YOU'RE HUNGRY????

DO YOU WANT TO GO? YES? THEN COME HERE AND LET ME PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!!! We can't go until you're dressed, and we should have left already. COME HERE!!! ARRRRGH!!

Yes, sweetie, that's nice - but I'm trying to read to your freaking sister and I have to start freaking supper in 5 minutes - I should have started it 10 minutes ago. SHUT UP and let me finish this f***ing chapter. JUST STOP TALKING AND LET ME FINISH.

DS2 is really stressing me out lately...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#438 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 07:42 AM

no, you can NOT put the baby in a box & play special delivery!
#439 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Look, I get it that we don't turn on a DVD except for the rare kids' movie, but when mama decides I'm going to work out, LET ME. For %$*#'s sake, this is not torture. If you don't like it, leave the freaking room and go play or read. Don't CRY and GRAB MY LEGS!!! I'm asking for 20 minutes to be active while we're trapped inside! :

And if I say we need to go to the market today, do NOT whine and cry because you wanted to stay home all day. You want eggs, we need to go. And they're only open limited hours in the winter, so if we don't go today no eggs until Tuesday. So just get dressed and come with me because sometimes we just have things that we need to do. I get that your ideal day would be puzzles and coloring all. day. long. and that sounds good to me too, but yeah, food. I'm sick of doing this EVERYTIME we need to leave the house! Wanting to have food in the house is a totally unreasonable request.

Oh, and older daughter - stop trying to read over my shoulder!! Can I not have 3 minutes of privacy?!

Thank you, this is the best thread ever. Now I can take a deep breath and go back with a bit more patience.

Mama to our nose-in-a-book Autumn (6) & our old soul Molly (4)
Imaginative, fun jewelry & photography Shenandoah Sunshine
#440 of 1059 Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 PM

No more tv...one show a day! that's it! I don't care what your grandma says, what I say is what goes! No, no junk food--NO POPTARTS--no SODA--stop yelling at me, I know you're tired! why dont you take a nap!?

*at Macys* Stop running, stop talking about your bum, don't pull down your pants in the middle of the store, don't try to crawl under the stalls while I'm naked, don't yell, no you can't buy a bra (you're 4 and a BOY), no that's not a bathing suit, no I'm not having another baby, yes my tummy really looks like a zebra! QUIET PLEASE! STOP TALKING FOR 30 SECONDS PLEASE!
#441 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 AM

Just go to sleep. Just go to sleep. Go to sleep already!!!!! Stop touching my other nipple - stop nursing, there's no more milk. No, you can't "try." lie down. Ssssshhhhhhh. Go to sleep, please, please, please, please!!!
just go to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#442 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Go to sleep, please! Stop calling to me, stop waking up every 45 minutes. Finish teething already so we can go back to sleep!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#443 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 01:40 PM

Its sunday morning im trying to read the paper, you're 7 years old I AM NOT MAKING BREAKFAST TODAY. you know how to get cereal you know how to make toast DO THAT. or better yet go ask your father. its my ONE day off work. I dont want to make breakfast today so stop asking, i meant NO the first 9 times i said it.

and leave the dog alone, he wasn't doing anything wrong. how would you like it if someone yelled at you every time you came into a room.you wouldnt? than dont do it to the poor puppy. yes i understand you want me to make breakfast but its just not going to happen today.

Katie, Enjoying my time with my love Josh:, kiddos Kendel '01 and Xander '03 and our furry beast Sherman '08:
#444 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM

Oh my word, this thread is almost FIVE YEARS OLD.

Stop talking. Stop talking. Stop. Talking. Stoptalkingstoptalkingstoptalking. Please, my head is going to explode.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#445 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 05:09 PM

stop picking up the baby. stop touching the baby. she doesn't want you to touch her.
please give my freaking linen closet a freaking break~ you are 8 and 5!!! please for the sake of all that is green... STOP DUMPING< SPREADING AND RUINIUNG FIOLDED LAUNDRY AND ORGANIZED SPACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please stop tattling

I love you.

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#446 of 1059 Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 PM

STOP MAKING MY EARS BLEED WITH THAT &%$^*$# SCREAM!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ONE PEEP FROM YOU UNLESS ITS LAUGHTER TODAY. STOP WHINING,STOP SCREAMING. I DIDN'T GET ANY SLEEP BECAUSE OF YOU LAST NIGHT, AND IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT I AM GOING TO PUT UP WITH THIS TODAY YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!!!
oooo wow. I might have to post on here a few times a day...
#447 of 1059 Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 AM

...I forgot...for DH:
TURN OFF THAT VIDEO GAME! YOU ARE A GROWN MAN WITH A BABY CRAWLING ON THE GROUND. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR GUITAR HERO WHILE THE BABY IS SCREAMING OVER IT. NO I DIDN'T PLAN ANYTHING FOR DINNER...DID YOU?!?!?!?! WHY DID YOU LET THE DOGS OUT?!?!?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT A GARBAGE CAN IS??????? ...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO HAVE SEX WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
#448 of 1059 Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 AM

agggghhhhh

why, why, did you just have to throw your whole breakfast across the kitchen and then just sit and sing to your self, i am so bloody cross. i would have let you look at the magazine after you had eaten and was trying to prevent it getting covered in porridge.

and why did you and your brother have to climb in to bed with me this morning and decided to squabble and fight for the next half an hour while mummy who was lying minding her own business just got caught in the crossfire - its NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!
#449 of 1059 Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 PM

To DD:

For the love of god please let me talk on the phone to ONE person for ONE minute without screaming "I wanna talk! I wanna talk!" Your day care buddy's mom might actually be willing to talk to you but the mortgage company person is NOT.

Stop whining "I wanna get OOOOWWWWTTTT!!!" the second we get in the car! Oh, you want to get out? Right here in the middle of this intersection? Great, fine, figure out how you're going to get home then.

Could we for once get out of the house in the morning without eight thousand battles over brushing your hair, putting your clothes on, brushing your teeth, putting your coat on, etc.? "No, my baby sleeping" is not a valid response to "It's time to go to school!"

STOP doing gymnastic stunts on your kitchen counter chair! You know how to sit the right way. SIT ON YOUR BOTTOM OR YOUR KNEES!!! WHAT DID MOMMY JUST SAY? STOP sticking your leg through the chair back! WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS EVERY. SINGLE. MEAL?!!

To DS:

I love you. I adore you. You are so cute and cuddly and I love how you need me so much. BUT IF YOU DON'T STOP CRAWLING AFTER ME AND SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS EVERY TIME I MOVE TWO FEET AWAY FROM YOU, AND CLIMBING UP MY BACK WHILE CLUTCHING AT ME AND WEEPING IN DESPAIR EVERY TIME I'M NOT 100% FOCUSED ON YOU, I THINK MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!

Writer, breast cancer survivor, wife to Evan, Mommy to Annika (infant open adoption 2/3/06), Adrian (homegrown 3/11/08), and #3 due 6/17/10!
#450 of 1059 Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Are you going to cooperate on any issue today? Anything? Or are we going to continue this "Do and say the opposite of whatver you are asked to do?" So far, you threw a tantrum so huge that you did not stay at school, rubbed dirt all over yourself in the Target parking lot, threw a fork at me when it wasn't the one you wanted, pushed your brother down because he turned around to look at you...is this an early taste of PMS? I know we are still working on the Feingold thing and that you ate something last night that affected your sleep. I know that's the main reason for the craziness....but boy am I glad for this thread because now I am starting to see the humor in it

Tags
Gentle Discipline

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page