Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1059 Old 03-03-2004, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! For the love of God, stop talking! I'm begging you. Please....stop talking!!!!!!!!!!

Had to get that out of my system.

Here's a typical conversation with 3 yo Kate these days:

Kate: What letter does bubble bath start with?

Me: Well, it's two words--bubble starts with b and bath starts with b.

Kate: What doesn't start with b?

Me: Lots of things dont' start with b.

Kate: What doesn't start with b?

Me: Moon. Moon starts with M not with b.

Kate: Oh. What else doesn't start with b?

Me: Lots of things don't start with b.

[repeat substituting different words for "moon."]

I swear if I get one more "what doesn't" question my ears are going to start bleeding.
#122 of 1059 Old 03-03-2004, 12:36 PM

followed by and a quick
#123 of 1059 Old 03-03-2004, 06:34 PM

but here I am

ARGGH you are all driving me nuts with the fussing and fighting
KNOCK IT OFF
You at 10 1/2 have more attitude than your 17 old brother NO It is not following Dad's disagreement guidelines it IS ARGUING WITH YOUR MOTHER AND ISN"T TOLERATED IN THIS HOUSE THIS WAY
I don;t know what your problem is this last week but if you do not quit aggravating your two older/st siblings and causing havoc I am going to sell you to the gypsies!
Even your extra patience for being different has worn thin and snapped

I AM YOUR MOTHER NOT A (*&+(&*(&B REFEREE!!!
#124 of 1059 Old 03-03-2004, 06:51 PM

If I hear my son shriek one more time, his new annoying habit, I am going to

I will be glad once he gets out of this shrieking phase.

Loving Mom to DS (7) and DS (5).
#125 of 1059 Old 10-12-2005, 10:49 PM

Bumping this WAY OLD thread because I remember how amazingly helpful and hilarious it was to read, and what a lift it gave me to think of it, just before I might BLOW. I do believe it's helped in warding off some major temper tantrums. Mine that is.

Allow me to (re)start:

"I don't freaking care how neat the dinosaur fruit snacks look! I just don't care! We're not buying high fructose fruit crap! We're not. NOT NOT NOT NOT buying crap! If you want treats, we'll bake something with real ingredients and cut it into dinosaur shapes. My God, we'll buy some serious chocolate and chow down for GOD's sake. If you want fruit, we'll eat fruit! So there! No more whining! No more looking at the fruit snack box for hours in the store! No more trying to sneak it into the cart! No more asking, and if asked, you will be ignored! NO! MORE! NO MORE!

Whew, that really does help... anyone else interested in helping me revive this thread?

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#126 of 1059 Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Ok, here's mine:

If you're going to wake up 17 times a night, please allow me to help you fall back asleep, instead of grumping and groaning and kicking and flailing. If I decide to be really super nice, and invite you into my bed, please don't ruin it by steamrolling your infant brother. That's not nice.
#127 of 1059 Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 PM

No, I Don't Want To Play Barbies. No, I Don't Want To Be {insert Name Of Prince Here: Eric, Stefan, Aidan, Charming, Philip, The Beast}

When I Do Play Barbies Stop Making Your Freaking Princess Run Away And Be 'shy' Every Time I Talk To Her. That Makes Me Not Want To Play Even More. Argh.

Leave The Cat Food, Please. Please Move Away From The Cat Bowls. Step Away From The Freaking Bowls.
#128 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 01:53 AM

STOP EATING THE KITTY FOOD! STOP TOUCHING THE KEYBOARD! MAMA'S COMPUTER!! Please! When I get up, and ask you if you want something to drink, don't say "no" and then throw your cup at my head when I sit down!!! : In fact, stop &$&*@ throwing things at me PERIOD! ... and stop using my nipples to help you get onto my lap quicker!

(oh yes.. I think this thread could come in handy..)

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#129 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 02:10 AM

Gas is more than $3 a gallon! I don't want to "go in the CAAAAR - go in the CAAAAR - go in the CAAAR - go in the CAAAR - go in the CAAAR - go in the CAAAR"

BJ
Barney & Ben
#130 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 02:15 AM

I DON'T WANT TO READ THE SAME BOOK FOR THE 20TH TIME TODAY! I hate books. I hate books! I HATE BOOKS!

I KNOW you love the baby inside mama's tummy but that doesn't mean you have to JUMP ON IT!

Phew.
#131 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 11:28 AM

I Don't Know Where Your Hammer Is...i Need You To Get Ready For The Store...no We Don't Have Milk...

Stop Pinching And Laying On Your Sister...no She Does Not Like That!!!

You Are Driving Me Insane!!!why Did You Wake Up At 6 Am Today????i Don't Want To Be Awake Yet!!!you Know I Didn't Get To Sleep Until 1am!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#132 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 PM

NO! you can not pee on Mama. No! you can not pee on your friends. No! peeing on the dog. Will you please pee in the freaking potty!!!!

AAAAHHH Thank You
#133 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 PM

This entire thread is cracking me up. And I can oh so relate.
#134 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Wash the dishes means I want them done NOW not when you feel like it

oldest

Please ! STOP! ASKING! ME! WHY! NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we have been through that, you don't want to listen to me and accept that I might, I just *might* be right and you could improve things ...

so GO AWAY AND SHUSH ALREADY
#135 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Whew.... here goes:
STOP putting you sister in the kitchen cupboard! You hear the screams??? That means she doesn't like it! If we eat macaroni and cheese ONE MORE TIME, I will die. If you're going to hug your sister, don't include strangling, JUST HUG. You will survive if I put you down for a moment. YOU'LL BE FINE!!! YOU ARE 14 MONTHS OLD... QUIT BEING LAZY AND JUST WALK ALREADY!! YOU'RE FAT AND I CAN'T CARRY YOU FOREVER! STOP STANDING ON THE COUCH!!! I SAID SIT ON YOUR BUTT! ON. YOUR. BUTT. NOW. YOU'RE GOING TO CRACK YOUR HEAD OPEN!!!

Geez, I love my crazy kids.
#136 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 PM

you can't eat newspaper. you can't eat carpet fuzzies. you can't play in the dirty diaper pail. you can't crawl down the hallway and into the kitchen and bathroom. stop pulling stuff off my desk and the hallway table. you have toys; why aren't they as interesting? the kitty doesn't want to play with you, she wants to sleep. please stop biting mama's facey. it's cute, but not when you get in there with the toofers. we do not splash in the little potty just because I can't get away from you for 5 seconds to dump it out. we do not eat paperback books.

okay, now I'm :LOL
#137 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 04:11 PM

When we are downtown on a busy street and I tell you to stop swinging on the parking meter--I f'ing mean it! There is someone trying to park there, and you are going to get hit by the car or make them wait. GET DOWN!!!!! NOW G-d dammit!!!

What now?! Stop throwing rocks at the building!!! Rocks can be thrown in water only and YOU KNOW IT. JUST GET IN THE F"ING CAR!
#138 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 04:20 PM

i'm just trying to change you're diaper. quit wiggling! ahh!!!

i know your gums hurt and you can't sleep, but just shut the hell up. i'm going bonkers!!!!

thanks. i'll be back later.
#139 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
For the four year old:

Please, just use this potty. It is just like the potty at home. No, it won't hurt you. Please, I put the Baby Bjorn ring on it, it is safe, I will hold you in my arms. LOOK, JUST USE THE FRICKING POTTY! DON'T PEE IN THE CAR AGAIN BECAUSE WE CAN'T MAKE IT HOME AFTER GIVING YOU TWO CHANCES TO USE THE POTTY TEN MINUTES BEFORE LEAVING.

ok, that felt better.
#140 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 05:37 PM

This thread is great!!!! :LOL

Right now I'm pretty calm and collected, but i'll be back.
#141 of 1059 Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM

STOP WHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right friggin now...

And while I am it......if you kick me in bed again I am going to really scream.
I need to sleep. Really I do. I know you don't. But I do. I am such a better mommy when I have sleep. I don't even need alot. Just like 4 hours of uninteruprted slumber would completely rejuvenate me.

Gentle discipline is so ready to get spanked in this house.

Blah.
#142 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 AM

Do you have to have a nipple in your mouth Aalllll night long? I want to sleep on my back but it's impossible cause my boobs don't stretch that far!!!!! my back hurts from balancing on my side for the last 5 hours!!!
#143 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 11:06 AM

For The Nine Millionth Time, No!!!!!! You Cannot Have Cookies For Breakfast!!! Stop Saying Please And Whining For An Hour - The Answer Is No!!! You Ask Everyday And Everyday The Answer Is No!!! Give It Up Already!
#144 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 02:47 PM

GO TO BED...NOW!

I've had a really tough month- I've actually really yelled at my kids and I thought I never would!!! : I'm feeling back on track though!
#145 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 02:51 PM

PLease go away. Please please go away right now. Just for half an hour or so, please go play quietly by yourself so I can for ONCE have some time to myself.

And stop screaming while your sister is trying to sleep!!!!
#146 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 03:02 PM

STOP PINCHING MY FACE!!! WHY DO YOU ABUSE ME WHEN ALL I DO IS LOVE YOU??? WHY!?!? WHY!?!? WHY?!?!

oh, and this too....

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

AHH! I've been stifling that for 6 months now!
Damn that was good! :
#147 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 08:51 PM

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! wE HAVE TO GO, PLEASE PUT ON YOUR SHOES, PLEASE, YOUR SHOES, PUT ON YOUR SHOES OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!STOP MAKING FORTS OUT OF ALL THE FURNITURE, NO ONE CAN SIT DOWN!
THIS IS MY CHOCOLATE YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY. GO TO BED RIGHT NNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!
#148 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 09:36 PM

This thread is hilarious!

Ok- here goes:

I already told you; yes, you can have 'boobie' as soon as I get Katie to sleep. But you have to be quiet so she can fall asleep and then we'll snuggle and you can have boobie. Yes you can see her. See? She's almost asleep. Be very quiet okay? Shhhh.

OH GREAT! NOW YOU WOKE KATIE UP! I TOLD YOU TO BE QUIET. PLEASE, WHY WON'T ANYBODY IN THIS HOUSE SLEEP? MOMMY JUST WANTS SOME SLEEP.

OH, AND you little one, why are you still up every 2-3 hours at night? You're supposed to be able to sleep 4-5 hours straight by now?

DON'T YOU ALL KNOW THAT A PERSON COULD *DIE* FROM SLEEP DEPRIVATION?

DO YOU WANT MOMMY TO DIE? WELL? WELL? DO YOU?

SLEEP

SLEEP

SLEEP

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'm still tired but I feel a little better. . . . lol!
#149 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do you HAVE to watch Thomas the friggin' Tank Engine AGAIN??!!!
I am so sick of that damn train I'm making up new lyrics to the song to fit my mood!! And NO they're NOT for little one's ears!!
Do you have to have Thomas playing in the morning and Thomas all day long?!
Katri you're an adorable little GIRL!!! GIRLS are suppose to like Strawberry shortcake or My Little Pony! Hell even Sesame street is fine but please please PLEASE No more THOMAS!!!

And you little fart, you get off your butt and crawl!! Don't sit there screaming at me until I pick you up!!! You are fully mobile Loric, there is nooooo reason you shouldn't be crawling around to get where you want, I shouldn't have to CARRY you everywhere!!

Finally piece and quiet when Loric falls asleep with me in the recliner and Katri joins us, as long as THOMAS is playing on the TV.

Sleep is good, even if you dream about the Island of Sodor.....ah

E & K (13yrs) and our flock of 6!

"Hey little one, why don't you go get cleaned up, you look like a country bumkin."
"Mum, I am a country bumkin"
#150 of 1059 Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 PM

Wow! This thread is having the very same effect on me this time around. I'm laughing so hard I'm tearing up... it is so helpful to "unstifle" to those who really understand.

Aside from DS's ever elusive fruit snacks, bedtime has become a real issue around here. Again...

FOR THE LAST TIME PLEASE: IF YOU RELAX AND CLOSE YOUR EYES, IT WILL HELP YOU FALL ASLEEP EASIER AND FASTER! STOP LAYING THERE STARING AT THE ***DAMN CEILING FOR AN HOUR AND HALF WAITING FOR YOUR EYES TO CLOSE ON THEIR OWN! CLOSE YOUR EYES! CLOSE THEM! NOW! IT'S ALREADY PAST 8 O'CLOCK AND MOMMY NEEDS A BREAK. SHE NEEDS TO BE ALONE FOR TWO FLIPPIN' MINUTES BEFORE DADDY COMES IN FROM WORK AND STARTS GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HIS DAY!

Whew, it has been a rough year I think. Things are slowly easing, but age four has been one serious merry-go-round of ACK! Just one ACK! after another...

The best and thank you for joining back in here.

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01

Tags
Gentle Discipline

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page