Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Newbie here... Darling darling daughter, I am exhausted. I want you to do one.freaking.thing without questioning/arguing/bitching/freaking out/melting down or otherwise making every.freakin.thing a huge nightmare. Can we please leave the house, or eat a meal or brush teeth or go to the park (and then leave it) or cook dinner or read books or just anything, one thing? Just one thing? Can we please have one easy thing tomorrow? I'm so tired of arguing with you, or rather, trying NOT to argue with you.

It's time for bed now and I swear if you don't just GO TO BED ALREADY, every last shred of my sanity will be utterly GONE. GO TO BED! NOW! NOW I SAID, NOW GO TO BED!
#182 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 AM

I really dont understand why parents yell at their children,can someone explain it to me? I never ever yelled at any of my children, and never ever once even felt the urge to do so..... it never even entered my mind. Totally perplexed! (never ever hit or spanked them either)
????????
#183 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 01:20 AM

Cherylannl, the idea is that we yell at the message boards *instead* of yelling at our children. Nobody here believes in yelling, hitting, or spanking. (Except the trolls, and they don't count!)
#184 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylannl
and never ever once even felt the urge to do so..... it never even entered my mind.

Are you human?
#185 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 AM

Must you unlace your entire shoe before putting it on when we are already 20 minutes late? Really, MUST YOU!
#186 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I never ever yelled at any of my children, and never ever once even felt the urge to do so..... it never even entered my mind. Totally perplexed!
????????
Somebody get this woman an award!

While I hope that I never snap & yell at DD- I happen to find this thread pretty cleansing!

Go on...get it out. You know you wanna join in. Its not like they can hear you.
#187 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sigh, Cherylann, I think it has to do with being yelled at ourselves as children, and having the thought in our heads that it is appropriate to do so. With training and commitment, we stop ourselves from the outward expression of the urge to yell, but it helps to vent from time to time to keep from doing it to our kids IRL. Does that make sense?
#188 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 02:28 PM

mean they are not human if they do once in awhile. Its something I needed to work on myself. I don't do it anymore for the most part ( still working on that build up thing) but I can do it here to release my frustration. That said..

"could you please not come home from the gfs house and tell me you owe them $$ and then ask for another loan for something else when I am trying to keep $$ from flying out the window???"

"and stop fighting with your sister the minute you get home!!"
#189 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM

STOP PULLING MY HAIR, STOP HURTING ME AND LAUGHING! STOP TELLING ME THAT YOU LIKE TO HURT ME! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE THAT YOU HAVE A MOM WHO DOESN'T HURT YOU???? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW LOVED YOU ARE???? WE DO NOT HURT EACH OTHER IN MY FAMILY, WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT IT AND GET OVER THIS WANTING TO HURT ME THING? IT'S GETTING REALLY FREAKING OLD AND I'M COMING UNGLUED!

Sorry ladies. But I guess it's better here than at him. Sigh. i need to go deal with him now.

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
#190 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I really dont understand why parents yell at their children,can someone explain it to me? I never ever yelled at any of my children, and never ever once even felt the urge to do so..... it never even entered my mind. Totally perplexed! (never ever hit or spanked them either)
????????
It is human nature to have conflicts with other human beings, even the ones you love most dearly. They want to do one thing, you want to do something else. When you have spent all day doing things for them, and you at last want to do something for yourself -- and they won't let you, for whatever reason, it is natural and human to become frustrated. Yelling (not AT them, just in general) is a way to release emotion. It's healthy to let off steam in an appropriate fashion. Hence this thread.
#191 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 PM

I think it also depends on how old your kids are. Obviously, we don't *feel* like yelling at a newborn (Well, I can remember being very very frustrated with my new baby girl who would NOT stop screaming and had to take some breaks and would actually go in a room and just yell at the walls ) :LOL

This is way better than walls. :LOL

Anger is a human emotion!! How can someone not ever feel angry??

But anyway...the rest of us can get on with yelling our hearts out here.
#192 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Repressed anger also causes/contributes to physical illness including cancer. Even allopathic MD's are starting to admit and realize this.

Who stole my signature!
#193 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 08:51 PM

Dear Julia,

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish one meal without having something sticky in your hair/nose/ears/pockets?????? I am so TIRED of cleaning up the mess. And do you really have to pick everything you don't want to eat off your plate and fling it on the floor? If you don't want to eat it, then DON'T EAT IT. I cannot go on washing the kitchen floor four times a day for the rest of my life. I can't.

Is it really necessary to latch off without swallowing and dribble milk down my shirt EVERY SINGLE TIME? I'd love to leave the house without stains on my shirt just ONCE.

And don't, I repeat DON'T, pull my glasses off my face. Just don't.

Love,
mama

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#194 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 PM

My 4 year old: STOP asking me questions. Just stop talking for 5 freakin minutes. I love you but you havent taken a d@mn breath since 6 this morning. I hear your voice echo in my brain after I fall asleep at night. My ears are gonna bleed. STOP talking. Sit still. Just sit still and pay attention. PLEASE get dressed. WHY does it take you soooo long to get dressed every stinkin day???? HOW can it possibly take 20 minutes to put a SOCK on????? Stop asking me. You a;lready got the answer. It was NO. I will not change my m,ind. What makes you thiunk if you ask it 543 times , the 544 time will get you a different answer???
My two year old: Get outta the fridge. Close that cupboard. Close the fridge. No. That is not yours. Put it down. The computer is not a toy. Close the fridge. Put it back. PUT IT BACK. WHY cant you just play with toys like a NORMAL child????? Cant we go two minutes without a tantrum??? Do you have a tantrum quota to fill or something? If you scream no at me one more time i am gonna stick you in aa box and mail you to China.
My 5 month old: You will survive if I put you down for two seconds. I am NOT a walking binky. I am a real live human. I even pee with you in my arms. If I do not get some personal space I am gonna cry. STOP scratching and pinching and smacking me while you nurse. I nurse you 23 hours a day you nasty little gremlin, and all you do is claw at me till it looks like a mad cat attacked me. I adore you but I do NOT adore being spit up on in the middle of the night, being punched in the face at 3 a.m., being kicked until I have little bruises on my thigh. You are lucky you are so darn cute.

*sigh*
I love this thread.
Tonia
#195 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 PM

Oh, forgot to add;
To my two oldest:
GO TO SLEEP. I have been coming in here every 5 minutes for 2 hours now., I cannot lay with you right now.Daddy is at work and the baby is wide awake. Just go to sleep. Mommy lives fir bedtime. I am home all day everyday wih you. The only break I ever get is this time. If you don't go to sleep soon Mommy is gonna lose her mind and end up in the looney bin. Do you really want to visit your mommy in a looney bin???? Then Go. To. Sleep. NOW.
pleeeeaaaaasseeeeeee.

Tonia
#196 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Please go to sleep. Please, please, please, please. PLEASE go to sleep. 9pm is NOT the time to play racing games. I'm so glad you are feeling better, really, honestly, I am. But if the three of you don't go to bed soon, you are going to find out what it's like for Mommy to really lose it. I mean, LOSE IT> GO TO SLEEP. Go TO SLEEP NOW< NOW< NOW< NOW> NOW> NOW>>>>>

#197 of 1059 Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhookmom
NOOOOOO MORE !@#$% YOUGURT!!!!
Oh my goodness! What is it with the yogurt?? lol
Ds throws a frickin' fit when he finishes his yogurt.... lol
#198 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 AM

My dearest Vaida -- you are only 4.5 mo. WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU NEED TO FIGHT SLEEP SO MUCH!!!!!YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CRY FOR TWO FREAKING HOURS EVERY NIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED INSTEAD OF JUST GOING TO SLEEP!

also -- MY ARMS ARE TIRED AND MY BACK IS HURTING FROM HOLDING YOU AND YOU ARE CRYING AND SHRIEKING IN MY FACE. I DON'T LIKE IT. WHY SHOULD I WANT TO HOLD YOU INSTEAD OF LAY YOU DOWN SOMEWHERE TO SHREECH ON YOUR OWN! (fyi I don't believe in CIO, and would never do it, but it sure can be tempting some nights when she cries for two solid hours.

My dearest Titus -- FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE HOW MANY THINGS CAN YOU PUT IN THE TOILET? HOW MUCH CRAP CAN ONE TINY BOY DRAG ALL OVER THE HOUSE? YOU HAVE A MILLION TOYS, PLEASE PLAY WITH ONE OF THEM FOR A MINUTE. AT LEAST LOOK AT THE TOY. LOOK AT IT OR I WILL PUT IT OUT IN THE TRASH!!!!

sighing, at least they are both asleep for now. it is 11 pm here and we started the *bedtime routine* at 9. It only took 2 freaking hours! AACCKKK!

Feeling much better now...going off to knit.
#199 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 01:42 PM

To my 3 y/o ds:

STOP the fake crying. It really won't get you what you want, honest. And the whining, it's really got to stop.

When we are in the car, it's ok that you talk incessantly, but do NOT badger me when I am at an intersection or in a stressful traffic situation. Mommy needs to concentrate!

And can we just go somewhere or do something once without a big battle or tantrum? YES, you need to wash your hands before you eat. YES, we need to get in the car to go somewhere occasionally, YES, you have to brush your teeth EVERY night. AND, YES, UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO USE THE POTTY, I MUST CHANGE YOUR SOAKING WET DIAPER!!!!!

Whew! I feel much better. :LOL
#200 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 02:42 PM

This has to be the most hysterical thread. I am cracking up laughing, because it's so real and down to earth, and although at any given moment I feel exactly the same, reading it like this in black and white makes me laugh and laugh!
#201 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM

in the manchild phase being newly 18.

However it would behoove you to have or even pretend to have some respect for the people who are paying your bills while you finish school so you can go to college or get a job.
The stunt you pulled yesterday is more of the reasons ( which you asked and argued with) of why no one wants to hire your a$$ right now. ATTITUDE.

Since you are having to rely on us a bit longer than planned show some decent behaviour and courtesy even if you have to fake it. I don't care at this point.

Stop driving me nuts complaining that we don't treat you like an adult and then two sentences later complain that you shouldn't have to be an adult because you are not grown and mature yet. It is making my head SPIN!!!!
#202 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 03:03 PM

To my 6-year-old: NO! You may NOT have a sprite! No matter how many times you ask, the answer will be no! WE DO NOT BUY DRINKS WHEN WE GO OUT, HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED?? And if we did buy drinks, they would NOT be soda. Yes, I know I let you have a sprite last Thanksgiving, and on your birthday. SO?!?!?!?!? And yes, I KNOW that a couple of times I have bought myself a coke at the drive-thru, I won't do that anymore, I SWEAR!! I just needed the caffeine!! IT WILL BE JUST WATER FROM NOW ON!!!

To my 18-month-old: You are so cute sweetie. It is really cool and amazing that you've started talking! BUT DO YOU HAVE TO STAY UP HALF THE NIGHT PRACTICING!! WE CAN'T SLEEP!!! FOR THE PAST 3 NIGHTS I HAVE SPENT 3 HOURS LAYING IN BED WITH YOU LISTENING TO YOU SING AND GAB!! Why won't you SLEEP? You are keeping your sister up too!
#203 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

To 2.5-year-old dd: Get off your baby brother!! How many effing times do I have to tell you - you canNOT climb on him - you canNOT pull him off my lap while he's eating - you canNOT bite his head - you canNOT feed him raisins or grapes or crackers or apricots or almonds or ANYTHING ELSE. He eats BREASTMILK - that's IT - just breastmilk. LEAVE HIM ALONE and let him freaking eat!!! Don't touch him when he's eating and don't dump him out of the carseat when he's fallen asleep there! He does NOT want to be turned upside down, even if you do up his freaking harness!!! STOP STOP STOP!!! He's just a baby!!! Oh - and get off the f***ing cat!!! He's not a horse - NO - you can't ride him - he's not a horse...and that's a tail, not a handle - don't pull him down the hallway! STOP STOP STOP!!!!

To 2.5-month-old ds2: Stop kicking me! If you want to eat, eat, but don't kick me!! And, could you stop with the freaking out thing? I just want to brush my d***ned teeth before bed! Could you stop screaming at daddy - I'll be two minutes - that's all!!! I just fed you - why can't you wait two freaking minutes, so I can brush my teeth!?!?

*sigh*
That felt good.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#204 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 04:06 PM

Might I add...Darling daughter - that is my HAIR, it is NOT a handle. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!!! OUCH!!!!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#205 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 04:08 PM

STOP ASKING ME STUPID QUESTIONS WHILE I'M BUSY FIGURING OUT YOUR SISTER'S FEAR OF THE TOILET, FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE! GO FIND YOUR OWN SLIPPER! (to other girl): WHAT THE F*** IS THE BIG F***ING PROBLEM WITH USING THE TOILET?! WE HAVE BEEN STUCK AT HOME FOR DAYS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T JUST SIT THERE AND GO!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!! AND NO I WON'T JUST GIVE YOU A STUPID DA** DIAPER SO YOU CAN PLAY AND NOT HAVE TO BOTHER TO GO TO THE TOILET! AND I'M STARTING NOT TO BELIEVE YOU THAT YOU'RE SCARED AND INSTEAD I AM STARTING TO THINK YOU'D LIKE ME TO GO INSANE !!! I AM SO SO SO SO SICK OF DEALING WITH EVERY LITTLE THING AS IF IT WERE ACTUALLY DANGEROUS!! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

thanks, that's best left unsaid, don't'cha think?
#206 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 05:30 PM

I would have loved to let off some steam and was all prepared to do so but by the time i got to the bottom of this thread i was tearing up with laughter and i am just grateful that they're both asleep so i could actually read it all!
THANK YOU!!!
#207 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 06:40 PM

This is seriously SOOOOOO VALIDATING for me!! Hilarious! Ok, here's mine

me to the kids in the car

STOP ARGUING!!! KEEP YOUR FREAKING HANDS TO YOURSELF AND STOP ANNOYING EACH OTHER....STOP HUMMING AND PUTTING YOUR FINGERS TWO INCHES FROM YOUR SISTER'S FACE...YES I KNOW YOU'RE NOT TOUCHING HER BUT YOU ARE ANNOYING HER (to the 5, 6, and 10 year old)
PLEASE STOP DUMPING YOUR BAG OF CEREAL ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAR WHILE I'M DRIVING!!! I KNOW YOU'RE ONLY 20 MONTHS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY THIS CAR LOOKS LIKE A LAND FILL!!!
WILL YOU ALL JUST SHUUUUUUT UPPPPPP! WHY CANT YOU JUST BE FREAKING KIND TO EACH OTHER INSTEAD OF WHINING, YELLING, AND ARGUING!!!
NO, YOU CANT BUCKLE YOURSELF INTO YOUR CARSEAT...YOU SCREAM AND THROW A TANTRUM EVERY TIME I PUT YOU IN YOUR CARSEAT AND TODAY I DONT FEEL LIKE WAITING TIL YOU ATTEMPT TO BUCKLE YOURSELF FOR 5 MINTUES WHEN WE BOTH KNOW YOU FAIL EVERY TIME!! MOMMY HAS TO DO IT!

and the grand finale STOP STOMPING WHEN YOU'RE MAD...YOU WILL WAKE UP THE BABY!!!

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#208 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 08:30 PM

For C*****'s sakes, just let me put the g**d***** diaper on you!!! Ahhhhhhh!!! :

~Nay

ps.

Is cussing allowed? I'll assume not so I'll abbreviate. If that's not okay, let me know and I'll come back and use the censored icon. Okay, here goes.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#209 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 08:56 PM

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I've been needing to yell that a few times today.

CAN'T I JUST GO PEE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION? I JUST WANT TO GO PEE!!! CAN'T I ALSO MAYBE COMB MY HAIR WITHOUT YOU YELLING AT ME ABOUT WATCHING SOMETHING OR ANOTHER? I LOVE YOU DEARLY AND SOMETIMES MOMMY JUST NEEDS A LITTLE MOMMY TIME!!! PLEASE, JUST GO PLAY FOR A COUPLE MINUTES; I'LL BE THERE IN A SECOND. I'LL BE THERE IN A SECOND. THE MORE YOU INTERUPT ME THE LONGER I'M GOING TO TAKE.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#210 of 1059 Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 PM

THOSE ARE NOT DIRTY CLOTHES, i JUST WASHED THOSE CLOTHES LAST NIGHT, THE ONLY THING THAT IS DIRTY IS WHAT WAS ON YOUR GRUBBY BODY TODAY!!!! EVERYTHING ELSE IS CLEAN, PUT IT AWAY!!!!! .....AND DO YOU SMART BACK TO ME ABOUT WEARING IT THIS WEEKEND, DID THIS WEEKEND COME BEFORE OR AFTER I DID THE gd LAUNDRY LAST NIGHT?????? THEN JUST PUT IT AWAY!!!!

to the darling 4 y/o obsessed with his gameboy YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE ALLWED TO PLAY GAMEBOY, IF YOU ASK ME ONE MORE TIME, i SWEAR I'LL FLUSH THE GD THING DOWN THE GD TOILET!!!!!

though had I not read this whole thread before getting here I could have gone on and on and on and today was a good day. However, we MUST keep this thread (and therefore my sanity) going....I'm sure I"ll be back bright and early tomorrow....)

Hugs to all!!! Sus

Tags
Gentle Discipline

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page