Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1059 Old 07-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear day care child. Do NOT raise your cup above your head and shake it, so I can see that it is empty. You are five flippin years old! If you want something ASK for it.

Same daycare child... STOP staring at me. I am not going to suddenly break into a song and dance. Go play....You're freaking me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 1059 Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM

i love this thread, its nice to vent our anger and say things we would never say to the people, or do.

anyways......to dh : WILL YOU JUST LOOK AT THE LABEL SOMETIMES, IT WAS MENT FOR OUR KID, NOT AN ADULT!! WE ARE RAISING HIM SUGAR FREE, I DONT WANT VIT C WITH THE FIRST INGREDIANT IN THE LIST BEING SUCROSE!
#243 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 01:42 AM

To my 2 yr old... YOU WILL HOLD MY HAND IN THE PARKING LOT!!! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT SEE YOU AND ARE DRIVING TOO FAST!!! STOP TRYING TO RUN AWAY!!!

To my 5 yr old... I KNOW YOU ARE TIRED. BUT THERE IS NO HUMANLY POSSIBLE WAY I CAN CARRY YOU, YOUR SISTER, YOUR BROTHER, THE SAND TOYS AND THE BAG WITH ALL THE BEACH STUFF IN IT. I WOULD TRY BUT I THINK MY ARMS WOULD RIP OUT OF MY SOCKETS. YES, YOU HAVE TO WALK TO THE CAR!!! STOP ASKING FOR BOILED EGGS!!!

To the baby - oh my, you are still so cute and can do no wrong.

To my husband - WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO PLAY WARCRAFT??? I AM NOW A WOW WIDOW. I WAS NOT JOKING WHEN I STATED I AM SEEING THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF OUR MARRIAGE.
#244 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 01:44 AM

Don't poop on my finger!

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#245 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 AM

WHY DON'T YOU EVER SLEEP AT NIGHT... WHY CAN'T I LET YOU OUT OF MY SIGHT WITHOUT YOU MAKING A MESS OR DESTROYING SOMETHING... TURN THE DAMN SOUND ON THAT TV DOWN... AND NO MORE MONKEY NOISES!!!!!!!!

I actually do feel better after that.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#246 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM

this is the greatest thread....
#247 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 03:51 PM

to my sick ds: WILL YOU STOP SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOUR SICK! IF YOU KEEP CRYING I WILL LOSE MY MIND, I DONT KNOW HOW ELSE TO HELP YOU!!!
#248 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 04:02 PM

This thread is great

to the cat- I am so sick of cleaning up barf off the carpet, can't ya at least aim for the tile?

to dd(6)- stop asking me to reheat your food three times a freakin meal, eat it while its warm already, I HATE USING THE MICROWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

to dp- if it wasn't for you I would have done chucked that d*** radiation box out the window already

to ds(4(- STOP being such a scientist ALL the time, just every once in a while can't you just take something I say as true already, touching posion ivy WILL result in bumps, touching a hot pan WILL result in a burn, laughing a finger width from the cat's face WILL result in a scratch(SHEA DOES NOT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!), AND WHAT"S UP WITH CONDUCTING EXPERIMENTS WHILE PEEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!AND WHY MUST I BE PRESENT! Go by yourself and point it towards the pot and get it over already!

to 2 yr old dn I care for some days- unused toliet paper, binky, hand towels, your hands, feet, and my socks??????????? NONE of those things go in the toilet!!!! It's gross! The sink's right beside the toilet, remember, water play away, JUST STAY OUT OF THE TOILET

blogging.jpg

#249 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 04:44 PM

And oh yeah, dear scientist son, if you put scissors on your skin like that they WILL cut you, did you have to test my 'theory' on this one with each different pair of scissors in the house?????? Three times you've cut yourself experimenting with scissors, do you believe me now? If I went out and bought another pair of scissors would you have to test to see if they could cut you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said they would gosh darn it and they did!!SEE I TOLD YOU SO

Ok that does feel amazingly good to type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blogging.jpg

#250 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 05:53 PM

OMG I am laughing so hard I just spit crackers at the computer!

I'll post my rants later cause the baby just went to sleep and I actually have time to take a nap now...
#251 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 06:07 PM

to dh- WTF! WHAT POSSESED YOU TO PUT YOUR SUITCASE ON THE FLOOR IN THE DARK LAUNDRY AREA SO I WOULD TRIP CARRYING A FULL BASKET OF CLOTHES AND HURT MY FOOT! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

to dd- FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, NO YOU CAN NOT PLAY WITH THE NEWBORN KITTENS! THEIR EYES AREN'T EVEN OPEN YET!!! WHEN I ASK A QUESTION ANSWER ME WITH WORDS INSTEAD OF BABY TALK, GRUNTS, OR MONKEY NOISES. YOU ARE 6 YEARS OLD DAMN IT AND KNOW HOW TO TALK!

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#252 of 1059 Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, I've only read half of it, but I love it:

To ds: QUIT ASKING ME "WHY?" FOR ABSOLUTELY EVERY THING I SAY. "IT'S TIME TO LEAVE, PLEASE PUT YOUR SHOES ON" "WHY?" BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO LEAVE YOU IDIOT CHILD!!! I JUST TOLD YOU THAT!!!! GO PUT YOUR SHOES ON NOW!!!! YOU ARE 5 YEARS OLD AND ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE WITH THIS STAGE.

To dd: STOP WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THREE TIMES TO NURSE. I HAVE NURSED YOU WHENEVER YOU WANT FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AND I AM SOOOOOO DONE WITH NURSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. IN FACT, I BELIEVE I'M DONE NURSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY TOO! AND IN THE EVENINGS, AND THE MORNINGS.

AND OH, NO DD, DON'T YOU START THE WHY THING TOO! YOU'RE ONLY 2, YOU ARE TOO YOUNG FOR ASKING WHY.

I WILL SERIOUISLY GO CRAZY IF EVERY TIME I SAY ANYTHING TO EITHER OF MY CHILDREN THEY RESPOND "WHY?"

ahhhhh.

Thanks.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#253 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 AM

Last night it was....omg DS, it is the middle of the night, do NOT wake up, no don't do it! You fell asleep later than usual and we're sorry for that, and DH and I stayed up later than normal and we're sorry for that, but WHY does that give you the urge and the apparent right to stay up from 2 to 8am? Why why why?

(To DH, on the other hand, THANK YOU for getting up and staying up with DS. I tend to hallucinate when exhausted, and hallucinating while trying to nurse DS down is scary.)

Also to DS...do NOT stick your finger up your butt! And do NOT come over with your nose all screwed up, saying "UCKY" while sticking THAT FINGER in my face! Augh! And then, do NOT start playing with your penis, practicing retraction, and putting that same finger into your foreskin! I don't want you to have to have antibiotics, please STOP doing that!!!

To DH: Remember when I said I don't want an engagement ring several times, and I showed you my grandmother's ring that I wanted to use as an e-ring? Remember? And remember how for some reason you didn't think I was telling the truth and you made a huge production out of buying me a ring and the first ring sucked and we returned it and the salespeople made me cry, and then the second ring, while it was being made, almost cost us our relationship? Remember how you should have learned that if I say I don't want something, I don't want something!!!!? I know that in your mother's culture you have to ask and refuse something like three times, even if you desperately want it, but that's NOT MY CULTURE and I don't play that game!!!!

So, today, when you started on your "I'm going to get you an expensive digital camera" thing again, and I said "but I would much rather get back into film than get a new digital camera", WHY DID YOU DOUBT ME?????!!!!!!! I LOVE film! I adore film! I'm telling you the TRUTH!!! There was NO need for that to start a day-long argument while at the tot-lot....:

Back later for more venting- Boy needs milk.
#254 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Dear God, Would You Please Stop Talking Just For Five Minutes. My Head Is About To Unscrew.

And Quit Teasing Each.

And Really, Ya Think You Could Find The Floor In Your Room!?!?
#255 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 11:12 PM

Remembered another one....

DS, when I am using all my words and trying hard to explain myself and why I do certain things, like take you away from the moving boxes with the delicate glass, or keep you from climbing on the table to swat the hanging light (I don't mind table climbing on its own), and various assorted other things....please do NOT put your hands up in a "what? I don't know what you're saying" sort of way, please do NOT start copying me by basically saying "blah blah blah blah", and then? When I've explained everything? Please do NOT NOT NOT end the "blah blah blahs" with "WHY?"

Augh!

Child-o-mine you are just soooo lucky you have ME as a parent rather than many, many other parents, b/c that behaviour is incredibly infuriating! I could see it causing an anger spike, and with another person parenting you, that would not be fun for you!!!
#256 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 PM

Just Stop When I Say Stop. Just Do It When I Ask. I Shouldn't Have To Ask 5 Times , You Should Do It The First Time. Eat Food When It's In Front Of You, Not When You Are Getting Ready For Bed. Just Go To Sleep. Stop Screwing Around.answer My Questions When I Ask. Just Listen And Comprhehend What I Am Saying. Give Me Space. Just Have Quite Time To Yourself, Ineed The Break You Need The Break, We Would All Be Much Happier If Your Body Could Just Stop And Take A Break. Etc, Etc, Etc.
#257 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 11:23 PM

Here is another: I AM SO TIRED OF HELPING OTHERS GO TO SLEEP. I REALLY WANT TO SLEEP, YOU REALLY NEED TO SLEEP. SLEEP IS WONDERFUL, WHY DO YOU FIGHT IT. I WANT TO SLEEP!!!!
#258 of 1059 Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 PM

Is there a thread for yelling at your husband? (Mine seems to think he can read his new book all day while I run around the house unable to even use the bathroom, let alone take the whole day off.)
I should start THAT thread......
#259 of 1059 Old 07-09-2006, 02:51 AM

This is a great thread. Here's my rant for the day:

Don't touch your brother. Don't jump on top of him. I know you love him, but while your hands and face are covered in tomato sauce, PLEASE DON'T KISS HIM. PLEASE GET OFF HIM. WHEN HE'S CRYING THAT MEANS HE DOESN'T LIKE IT, PLEASE GET OFF HIM. OF COURSE I'M COMFORTING HIM - SOME BIG KID JUST JUMPED ON TOP OF HIM!! NO THAT DOESN'T MEAN I LOVE HIM MORE THAN YOU although on a day like today I could be tempted....

ok i feel MUCH better now.
#260 of 1059 Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Stop Climbing On The Table! Stop Climbing On The Table! Get Down! Don't Climb On The Fish Tank! Stop That Now! You Don't Hit Your Mommy! I Said Get Off The Table! Don't Take That From Him! Please Share, Get Him Another Toy! Be Gentle With The Baby! Stop Touching The Babys Face! She Doesn't Like That! Just Leave Her Alone For Five Seconds!

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#261 of 1059 Old 07-09-2006, 03:43 PM

Oh, what a great thread revival!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnmama
From bedtime, tonight (plus lots of PMS):

For the love of all that is good, JUST PICK A POSITION AND LAY STILL!!!!!! STOP ROLLING AROUND, KICKING OFF THE COVERS, AND THEN ASKING FOR THEN ASKING FOR THE COVERS AGAIN!!!! STOP FLIPPING YOUR HAIR IN MY FACE!!!!!! AND WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP FLOPPING YOUR HEAD ONTO THE PILLOW BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO--OUCH!!!!!!--yep....nail me right on the bridge of my nose with your huge, hard head
My post from 2.5 years ago, when dd was 3. Haven't had this problem in a long while (she goes to bed alone now)......I'm sitting here trying to miss this developmental stage......but I gotta tell you.....I really don't! LOL!
#262 of 1059 Old 07-09-2006, 10:09 PM

Please, please, eat your dinner. Daddy made something delicious for us to eat. No you can't watch the TV. when you are done with dinner it is time for bed. Yes, I know that you wanted to take a bike ride. No, we are not going. E, stop throwing your food.

Stop jumping on the $%$#!@%$!#^$# bed. Don't put the blanket over my face. Please don't touch my face with your sticky gooey need to be washed hands. No twiddling the nipple while you are nursing.

Please pick up the toys on the floor. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DIDN'T GET THEM OUT!!! I'm asking YOU to put them away!

Why the %$#!^!^@&%&$%@254 don't you listen?!?! If you had listened the first time, I wouldn't be getting loud now. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RUnning away now.

Thanks for the venting space. Today was not a good mommy day. :

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#263 of 1059 Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 PM

Just Stop Talking For One Second. Just One. Please Stop Saying My Name Over And Over And Over And Over. Just Let Me Have One Second Of Silence. Please.
#264 of 1059 Old 07-10-2006, 05:23 AM
cjr

What do you mean your brother "found a poop?"! OMG! You decide to take a poop now, the one time I let you go comando because all 14 pairs of undies are dirty because you have to let out a small pee before you decide to use the potty. DON'T STEP IN IT! STOP STEPPING IN IT! STAY ON THE POTTY WHILE I FIND THE WIPES, NO STAY, NO STAY...STAY THERE!!! DON'T TOUCH YOUR BUM! This is the fourth poop in a row where I have had to put you in the tub. PLEASE start using the potty. Why can't you use the potty consistantly? Why do you get my hopes up by telling me you have to poo and then go poo in the potty once, just to poop on my carpet later? Why can't you just come out knowing how to use the potty?
#265 of 1059 Old 07-10-2006, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTamara
DON`T FART ON ME, HONEY. PLEASE DON`T FART IN MY FACE! DON`T FART ON ME, I SAID!!!
Wow, that sounds like me. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with being 4...
#266 of 1059 Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM

To 3-1/2 year old ds - "Please stop asking me questions started with "what do you think?" and then telling me I'm wrong and telling me what you think. Why do you have to disagree with everything I say? If you think the car antenna is actually where the horn is then just say so. Don't ask me what I think, let me tell you how a radio antenna works and then tell me I'm wrong anyways!!!" : "And, do you have a volume control other than just plain loud?" "Oh Yah...and stop whining already"

To 13 month old dd - "I just need to switch the laundry over. It takes me 30 seconds tops. I will pick you up as soon as I'm done. Please, don't throw yourself on the floor crying and act like the world is coming to an end. I WILL pick you up and carry you for most of the day! Do you want clean clothes!!!"

Ahhhhhhhhh......I should have posted this a week ago. Maybe it would have helped sooner.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#267 of 1059 Old 07-10-2006, 02:16 PM

To Dh: Yes I'm still exhausted. You cannot possibly think that 2 good nights of sleep (thank you babygirl) can make up for over a year of all-night wakings!!!
#268 of 1059 Old 07-10-2006, 03:07 PM

being thirteen. Trust me!
I went through this stage with your nana and believe it or not we survived ( I am here with you aren't I)
and please stop doing the revisionist history!
I know when we let your brother have a *true* girlfriend and go out on chaperoned and non chaperoned dates thank you very much -ok your dad remembers since my mind is swiss cheese at the moment.
Please quit trying to take advantage of that too!!

dear ds if you don't quit acting like books and other things in the cubes are the plague I may have to quarantine you in the dog crate....

and my teen? Please slow down on the tats-its skin NOT canvas..
#269 of 1059 Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM

Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop Head-butting Your Sister - Stop Punching, Kicking, Pulling Her Hairs And Being Such A Big Pain In The #$$!!! Stop Whining And Complaining About Every G.d Thing All Day Stop!
#270 of 1059 Old 07-13-2006, 03:17 PM

Wow, what a great, cathartic thread!

Tags
Gentle Discipline

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page