heartbreaker for the day - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I grew up with yelling and although I try really hard not to, I sometimes yell. Not every day, not even every week, but I do. Yesterday my ds and I were at the park sitting in the grass when he noticed a dandelion. He picked it and before I blew all the fuzz off of it he wished that his mommy would never get mad at him. I nearly started crying right then and there. I promise to try very hard to stop myself before I yell.
#2 of 4 Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbee View Post
I grew up with yelling and although I try really hard not to, I sometimes yell. Not every day, not even every week, but I do. Yesterday my ds and I were at the park sitting in the grass when he noticed a dandelion. He picked it and before I blew all the fuzz off of it he wished that his mommy would never get mad at him. I nearly started crying right then and there. I promise to try very hard to stop myself before I yell.
I couldn't read and not offer a hug. I can imagine how hard that was to listen to. It's so hard not to yell sometimes and I certainly fail plenty. I hope you can succeed with your resolve (and me, too!)

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#3 of 4 Old 03-28-2010, 12:36 PM

I understand how you feel. Friday I got DS a new Todd Par book "The feelings Book" and the front cover has four faces on it One smiling, one crying, one with an opened mouth and eyes and hair standing up and one with turned down mouth and angry eyes. DS was looking at the book with DH and points to the angry looking face and say's "That Mama?" It made me so sad to hear.

At least in the book it say's it's ok to be cranky (then I added but not to yell and be mean to others) said to myself mostly

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM

I totally understand. 99% of the time I can keep my cool but every once in awhile, I will raise my voice a bit and get stern (safety issues or if they are hurting someone else or an animal). My 4 yo ds just told my DH yesterday that it made him sad when I talked to him like that. I am trying very hard to be more gentle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page