Do you ever say anything to strangers? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OP what you witnessed, I would no way ever say anything to another parent about. It is simply none of your business. If she was a close friend you could strike up a conversation about bribing and threats and if they really work, but as a complete stranger it is just socially wrong to ay anything about a different parenting style.

As for spanking in public, I would tell the parent that what they are doing is inappropriate and they need to stop or go do it in private.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yea that's why I didnt....

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post
Yea that's why I didnt....
I think people keep bringing it up because it's the example you chose to use in your OP. Yes, you didn't say anything at the time, but that is the example you gave in a thread about whether to say something, so people assume there's a possibility that the example you gave is one that's "on the fence" in your mind.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Well I was tempted to say something but I kenw it would be more rude and intrusive than helpful. But it got me thinking about where I WOULD draw the line and say something.
I mean, you could write things off as "the mom is having a bad day" or "one spanking doesn't mean they're abused"... but what if it's more than that.... better safe than sorry, no?

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

User Tag List