Helpful book - to me anyway - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are really working on changing our parenting, especially of one of our kids who is really difficult and challenging due to sensory issues and some other factors. Things are better but I still regretted that things had been hard for so long, for all of us. I recently picked this up at the library and it had some ideas that have been really helpful for us in establishing a more positive tone to our relationships. One suggestion was massage, something we had done when the kids were babies/little, it has been a big hit again now that they are bigger. Anyway, just wanted to pass it along in case it helps anyone else. The time frame for change it suggests, 90 days, helps me remember that it's a process/journey not something instant. In case it helps someone else
http://www.amazon.com/Mending-Broken.../dp/0670018341
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Interesting. Have you read Hold Onto Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld? Is this book similar to what Neufeld describes as re-attaching to your child?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not familiar with that book, will have to look into it.

I also liked that the author helps you play detective on why bonds may be frayed, there is a lot of info on food and enviro sensitivities, and other things that can get in the way of good interpersonal relationships. Much bigger picture than most parenting/relationship books but so true, for my kids anyway.

User Tag List