neighboor spanks her ds and i can hear it :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i dont know where to post this, and im not trying to talk bad about her, ... its just making me so sad. i feel like crying when i hear that baby cry. he is just a bit older than my ds, but still less than two years old. he still talks baby talk! the first word i have heard him say was "NO!" to his sister, and now i hear him crying saying "no mommy!" when she is hitting him

i guess the upside of this is that i feel so motivated to discipline my children with compassion and understanding ... i hope my ds never cries my name like that ...

im just so sad

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#2 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Ick. That would seriously hurt my stomach. Who hits an almost two year old anyways? That's still a baby. Sorry you have to hear that.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#3 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Are you saying your neighbor spanks her under 2 year old child in her own house and you can hear the blows in yours? Unless its an apartment with really thin walls, I think that warrants a call to someone, it seems like really excessive force.
#4 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM

I've called the cops over spanking... of course, I could hear the sound of hand hitting body from a completely different building and not through open windows facing each other either (I was on the opposide side from them and my building was a good 100 yards away) plus the ensuing crying. Yeah, I don't believe for one second what I heard was just a spanking.

even if it were, it would break my hear too to hear 'no mommy!' like that. Little ones shouldn't have to cry out like that. how could the sound of pain and panick not tear at her heartstrings?
#5 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 PM

If you can hear her hitting her child, it is likely reportable.
#6 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkid View Post
If you can hear her hitting her child, it is likely reportable.
I agree with this. You have no idea if she is spanking or not. I would call and say you can hear your neighbor hitting her kids, you aren't sure how she is hitting them, and that this is a frequent/daily thing that is concerning to you. I have lived in apartments and never heard my neighbors doing anything except when they were yelling seriously loudly so I don't think it would be normal even then, unless the walls are very very thin.
#7 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM

And, at least here (Canada), hitting/spanking a child under 2 is illegal. I would call asap.
#8 of 10 Old 08-15-2010, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette8 View Post
Are you saying your neighbor spanks her under 2 year old child in her own house and you can hear the blows in yours? Unless its an apartment with really thin walls, I think that warrants a call to someone, it seems like really excessive force.
i can hear the "slap!" sound that happens. and its usually when my bathroom window is open and their bathroom window is open ... they are less than five feet away from eachother. gross, i know. i live in a house, and when im outside or when the window is closed, i can hear the little boy crying, but no hitting sounds, just the mom yelling about spanking him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Girl View Post
I agree with this. You have no idea if she is spanking or not. I would call and say you can hear your neighbor hitting her kids, you aren't sure how she is hitting them, and that this is a frequent/daily thing that is concerning to you. I have lived in apartments and never heard my neighbors doing anything except when they were yelling seriously loudly so I don't think it would be normal even then, unless the walls are very very thin.
so true i dont know how she is spanking him. i will call the next time, because it does happen frequently

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#9 of 10 Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 AM

I would call, too.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#10 of 10 Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 AM

Heartbreaking. That poor LO.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page