How can I get him to stop touching his bottom ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As in the actual exit hole. 

Yeah I know - yuck!

He plays with it about as much as he plays with his penis - which is all well and good...for him! ....

I have heard this little problem mentioned before on here....people ask why he could be doing it - the simple answer is, no he doesn't have worms, yes his bum is wiped well enough (I still do it! lol)...he simply does it because he likes to. 

No I can not give him designated bum touching time - where he could wash his hands afterwards because 1).  He won't wash his hands (this is the main reason I still wipe his bum - I deal with sensory things with him a lot - he hates water) and 2).  He does it like a twitch...without even thinking about it - so designated 'time' wouldn't really work to stop it! lol

He is 5.  I asked him what we could do about it - he doesn't know. 

So...ideas?  Because its disgusting. 

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I limit the *place* for all private touching to the bathroom or bedroom. With this, I would limit it to the bathroom with a couple of reminders. We use first a "hands up" comment to remind DS especially about what he is doing. It does seem to occasionally be a habit he gets into. Then if it persists, we walk the kid to their bedroom and remind them of the rule about privacy. When they come out, I try to grab them and wash their hands.

Is he wearing clothes that allow easier access? I find we have fewer problems when DS wears underwear and in the winter with all the layers. Button pants are better than those with elastic waist, too.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page