Pushing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, my ds (23mo) just started pushing.  Today when I picked him up from daycare we were walking with the other kids whose parents had also picked them up, and ds pushed both of them.  Not super violently or anything, just put his hand on their chests and pushed (One of them fell over, the other did not).  I addressed it by pulling him aside for just a second and telling him gently but firmly that pushing is not ok.  That we may not push other people b/c it is not nice, and that we need to use gentle touching.

This is the first time I've seen him do it, and he's only in daycare for one more day before its winter break (I'm in law school, which is where my ds goes to daycare, and they are closed for winter break).  He'll also only be there for 2 weeks in January b/c I'll be studying for the bar exam, and my mom is coming Feb. 1st to watch him for the whole month of February.  After that he won't be returning to that childcare b/c I won't be a student anymore.

Anyway, what have you done to address pushing?  What has worked with his age group kids for you??  He's the oldest in the daycare, the other 2 kids right now are 18mo.

TIA!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page