GD Bookclub: Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

grrrr...still waiting on my copy to arrive at the library. thinking i might just try a different library...could really use ut seeing asmy 2 year old is becoming more difficult.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 02-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I'm ready to start the 7 week program. I read the book several months ago, but I'd say in the last month I've completely forgotten what I'm doing. Last night was the final straw, I got SO mad at DS1, I can't keep being so mad at him. What ends up happening is that I just get to my last straw in regards to patience and it's been slowly coming. I apologized this am, told him that I was sorry for yelling so much lately and that I need to have some mommy time out so I can regain my composure. I'm typing this from a coffee shop. smile.gif I think that I am just so tired of feeling like everything is a struggle, I am out of energy to figure out the "right" way to discipline and I'm so tired of saying something over and over, never to be heard. Get your shoes on, it's time to go...like 5 times. I'm tired of the constant fighting every time I ask him to do something it's NO! I don't want to. It is exhausting trying to come up with "creative" ways to do things. It's time to go, just put your &^$%& shoes on!!!!!!

Anyhoo, sorry about that crazy rant, I just needed to get that out before I burst!

So week one is harnessing the Power of Perception; owning your upset. Some things that stand out at me that I am going to work on this week (or maybe a few weeks lol.gif however long it takes me to get it ingrained) are:

-Accepting my feelings of anger.
-Realizing that only I can allow myself to be angry, no one else is "making" me be angry.
-Breathe deeply, discipline myself first, then my child.
-Forgive myself.

Also, I want to type out and print the 7 Powers for Self-Control, the 7 Basic Discipline Skills and the 7 values for living. I'm going to put them somewhere...not sure yet where, but somewhere I will look at them daily.

Anyone want to join me in this first week and offer support to one another?

DS 7 ~ DS 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page