GD classes in Tacoma???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My ex husband has agreed to a parenting class  joy.gif!  (this has stemmed from many conversations on how he treats DS, and how he really just doesn't have any idea how a child's mind works) So, is there a great parenting class online, or in Tacoma that incorporates GD and respecting a child WHILE giving information on just what a child's mind is going through when they are at a certain age?  Ds is almost 6. 

He will not just read a book though.  IS there a playful parenting course or something out there that I don't know about?  The only things I have found so far is this pricelessparenting.com but I can't really tell what the meat of the course is from the demo...and haven't found many reviews on it.  I know the community college in our area offers love and logic (but I don't really know what that fully encompasses either, thoughts?), and maybe even a basic early childhood education course would be good as the first courses go into the make up of a child.  I just don't know...I am excited that he is willing to take a class and would love to point him in a great direction before someone else points him to something icky!  It would be a lot easier if he would just sit down and take the time to read a book and reflect on it, but it isn't his style....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page