My 3 year old loves to challenge me. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 05-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post

So we were walking home with our friends from the park, and when it was time to part ways she had a melt down. I calmly picked her up and carried her the rest of the way home. I decided to start singing, because I didnt want to lose it on her. I sang some bob marley songs. lol. She continued to meltdown. She pushed chairs over and started to try and break stuff. So between picking up after her, and singing I told her that she needs to cool off in her room. I closed the door, and made her a snack and poured some juice. I went back upstairs. I said Lilly, when you are done picking up all the books you have thrown around, you can come have a snack and some juice. So she did and she even apologized without me implying she should.

I kept my cool, and I did not feel like melting down with her. I did not feel hostile. I just accepted the situation.

Progress!

That is FANTASTIC!!!  How great.  I am glad to see this update.

DS used to be the WORSTabout leaving places.  I remember once we had to leave this train museum and he was awful and it was infront of my whole family who only see him once every two years anyway so I mortified...but singing through the chaos has always helped me, too. 

The worst for him was 3, it got better and better as he got closer to four and now he leaves places with grace and calm.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page