Man, it sure ain't easy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is just a post to vent for a sec.

I consider myself a pretty good GD mom. I'm far from perfect as a mom/ person, but I work and try hard to do the right thing for my children and family.

I am just worn out right now. I know I'll feel better in a day or two, but Darn it!! GD is hard. There are no short cuts. It is the right way to go for the long term, but it just takes up a lot of time and I have found myself just WISHING they would
JUST LISTEN! I am sick with mastitis and now a cold I caught from the kids. I've been taking care of everyone and I have no energy for all of the explanations and sometimes bargaining that is the norm for us.

I have created a situation where my kids are not just "the kids". They have their opinions, choices, and are used to speaking their minds even if they hear a "no, not tonight". I don't think I am wrong in this, but at times like now when I am running on empty, I'm just imaging what it would have been like if I was more strict or authoritative in my parenting style.

I'm just so tired. I wish they would just do what I say for a few days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hug.gif

sleepytime.gif
#3 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hang in there, Mama!

When I feel run-down, I implement a "Take Care of Miss Faith" day at my home daycare (kids ages 1-5).  I set myself up on the couch, and the kids bring all of the silks and dolly blankets to put over me.  I have them read ME stories, and I tell them how wonderful all of their nurturing is making me feel.  I move a little more slowly and more quietly than normal all day long, and I keep the lights low, and for the most part, the kids really respond to it.  Some of them really love it because they can just snuggle with me all day, others love it because they get to be "big" and I ask them/let them do tasks that I normally do myself.  And most importantly, I get a day where I don't have to put out as much energy as normal.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page