things that get me angry... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is 27 months and we use gentle discipline. We have used mainly distraction and diversion as well as avoiding things which lead to her struggling such as tiredness, hunger etc. Recently she has really been pushing her ability to control things around her. We got two kittens at Easter and one had a bit of trouble learning to go toilet outside and peed on our bed a couple of times. Ever since DD tries to run off and pee on her bed or ours whenever I change her nappy. Now I try to get her to use the toilet and change her pull ups when she is in the bathroom with the door shut.

She has also started tipping her drinks out deliberately.

These are not majors and all things I can deal with if I think about it, like the bathroom door being shut or only letting her use sipper bottles, but gosh it gets me mad sometimes. If she does something deliberately after a warning and I feel she is really pushing it I will remove her from the situation and stay with her. Sometimes I remove the food and sometimes make her wipe up - she loves wiping upwink1.gif

what really pushes your buttons and how do you decide what to let slide and what to make a big deal of? I try to have realistic expectations for her age and whether she is tired, sick etc. but I find it hard to know where to draw the line.

Me, DH and DD born 6/24/09

neg.gifDue July 2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page