Almost got kicked out of co-op.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So we go the the co-op today, and we have been going for years, and my kids are playing.  They have a whole area set up with cars etc... that are for kids to play with, and I see the lady stairing at my kids.  She then proceeds to go over and reprimand my kids.... Ummm what?!?!  So I then said to my kids "no more playing, lets just finish up, and you stay with me."  The lady was stalking us, literally like standing behind us the whole time.  So I say " ok we are leaving!!!"  well my kids were not ready, but this lady was gonna get an earful from me and I didn't want to go that route.  What in the world is wrong with some people.  I can totally understand if my kids were running around breaking things, but they were not.  grrrrrrrrCuss.gif

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#2 of 3 Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM

your post is a little hard to follow, i'm betting you were still mad when you wrote it! i hate it when strangers try to reprimand my children, and i bet you found it especially unnerving seeing as you were in what you considered to be a safe space. in situations like this one, where another adult is reprimanding my kids, i prefer to deal with the adult rather then let m kids feel out of whack, or that they can't play. that might mean i tell the adult, "i'm here, i'll let them know if they're getting too rowdy or not playing safe or whatever the issue is"  or, if the person has a somewhat legitimate complaint and they just aren't saying it in a gentle enough/appropriate way, i'll "translate" what their concern is, and what the expected behavior is. beats leaving in a lot of situations, and the "reprimander" usually begins to get it.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#3 of 3 Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

lol.gif Yup it is hard to follow.  I was still mad.  When we left I was so frustrated with this lady (who I had never scene before) That I just left.  I actually apoligized to my dc when we got home because of my "storming" out.  I just was so mad because it is the one and only in our town, and I have been going there since I was a kid and never had an issue. 

sorry for the crazy post...hehehehe

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

Tags
Gentle Discipline

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page