Anyone know of any gentle discipline DVDs? I have some books but I have no time to study them and I tend to learn better by watching demonstrations anyway.
I keep trying to compile a list that I can give out, but it's not that easy to keep up. Some resources disappear and others appear. This is as current as I have. I miss the old "stickies" that we had under the previous software. It would be really nice to keep a running list of this somewhere.
Note that most of the videos are "talking heads" as it's pretty hard to get real live discipline instances on film.
DVDs (some are available only through the author's/organization's website, others through more standard outlets); listed alphabetically by author's last name.
- Becky Bailey: Conscious Discipline
- Consciouslyparenting.com has videos and audio interviews (either classes you sign up for, or on demand ones -- note that it takes a few steps to access these).
- Heather Forbes: Beyond Consequences Live on DVD (available only through her website: beyondconsequences.com)
- Ross Greene: Parenting The Explosive Child and Calming the Tempest: Helping the Explosive Child
- Alfie Kohn: Unconditional Parenting
- Gordon Neufield: Making Sense of Discipline (plus "Hold onto Your Kids" but I don't really consider that a discipline book per se)
- Gordon Neufield: The Power to Parent. A three video series that includes the Vital Connection, Helping Children Grow up and Common Challenges. I believe videos can be purchased individually
- Thomas Phelan: 1-2-3 Magic (I don't particularly care for this, but it doesn't advocate spanking or harsh punishment)
- Dan Siegel: Parenting from the Inside Out (you can choose the 10 hour or the 2 hour version on his website!)
Audiobooks (some need to be downloaded directly from the author's website, others are available from Amazon): Listed alphabetically by first author
- Becky Bailey: 10 Principles of Positive Discipline
- Becky Bailey: Loving Guidance: Setting Limits without Guilt
- Becky Bailey: Preventing Power Struggles
- Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell: The Five Love Languages of Children
- Larry Cohen: Playful Parenting
- Barbara Coloroso: Kids Are Worth It!: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline
- Gavin De Becker: Protecting the Gift
- Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish: How to Talk so Kids Will Listen...And Listen So Kids Will Talk
- Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish: Siblings Without Rivalry
- Hand in Hand Parenting http://www.handinhandparenting.org/literature.html has a number of audio publications available for $7.00 each, including Setting Limits without Saying Timeout, No more hitting!
- Ross Greene: The Explosive Child
- Jan Hunt: The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart
- Pam Leo: Connection Parenting
- Alfie Kohn: Unconditional Parenting.
- Alfie Kohn's webiste: numerous free interviews: http://www.alfiekohn.org/tapesdvd.htm
- Jane Nelsen and Ken Ainge Positive Discipline
- Nancy Samalin: Loving Your Child Is Not Enough: Positive Discipline That Works by
- Mary Sheedy Kurcinka: Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning For A Lifetime
- Mary Sheedy Kurcinka: Raising Your Spirited Child
- Dan Siegel: Parenting from the Inside Out
Thank you, LynS6! I just found this reply.
|46 members and 19,748 guests|
|anisaer , appletarts , Arduinna , bananabee , BirthFree , Bjlee3066 , Calayvie , CordeliaLynn , Deborah , eattacos , girlspn , hillymum , jcdfarmer , kathymuggle , LiLStar , mama24-7 , MDoc , Michele123 , mkat , MommatoGray , moominmamma , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , philomom , Prensa , quantumleap , RollerCoasterMama , seap3 , shantimama , Skippy918 , sniffmommy , Snydley , Socks , Springshowers , sren , stellanyc , superseeps , TealCandy , transpecos , valerievalira , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|