Respons to Tommy Jordon video - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am curious to see what you all think about this video and the Huffington Post blog in response to it...even more interesting are the comments on the blog as well as on Susan Stiffleman's facebook page. Tommy Jordon himself responded on facebook and his followers came along for the ride. Some of what they are saying is quite harsh and I just need a little balance. What do some of you think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/tommy-jones_n_1327362.html?ref=parent-coach

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Susan-Stiffelman/199828970048787

Thanks-

Simone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I remember when this happened. I was in camp "dad was wrong, you don't toss around a gun like that when you're angry at your daughter". It's menacing. And I hate the way he was preening for youtube and facebook when he posted the video.

At the same time, I did ackowledge that I was nodding my head to a few of the things he said in the video before he went crazy and pulled out the gun. Especially his indictment of his dd's sense of entitlement and rudeness to the "cleaning lady". I loved that, to be honest.

But yeah, all in all? He shouldn't have done it. I can't really find anything to disagree with on the Huffington blog. Haven't dug into the comments yet though. What specifically do you think is wrong or unbalanced?

caffix.gif

Tags
Gentle Discipline

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page