Grabbing and screaming - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DS1 is 28 months and DS2 is 14 months old. DS2 likes to follow DS1 around and do whatever it is that DS1 is doing which usually results in him ripping things out of DS1's hands which results is DS1 screaming and grabbing it back. DS2 gets mad, yells, grabs it back, DS1 screams some more and starts to hit. DS1 continues with a temper tantrum while DS2 cries over being hit and/or not having the toy he wants.

I can redirect all I want, but DS2 keeps going back to DS1's toy. I do work on sharing some, but I don't think the appropriate time to discuss sharing with DS1 is after DS2 is grabbing the toy from him. I don't want him to think its ok to just let someone (anyone) take things from him. 

I've fallen into the habit of just yelling from room to room something like "OY! STOP YELLING!" which accomplishes nothing (and why would it...yelling to not yell is kind of confusing! Sheepish.gif). But short of constantly being on the floor with them to constantly redirect one or the other, I have no idea how to get them to stop grabbing toys from each other and screaming bloody murder about it. Ideas??!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Tags
Gentle Discipline

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page