Physical discipline survey - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I am college student studying the prevalence in the use of physical discipline among Asian and White families, to see if there is a difference in the uses of it and possible reasons why it might be. It is centered on finding the differences between Asian and White families but parents of different ethnic background can participate and it can contribute to my findings. There are like 14 questions, so if you can, please volunteer to take the survey. Thank you.
The survey can be taken here: http://kwiksurveys.com/link-survey.php?survey_ID=LCDHKJ_3970647f

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I didn't see a survey on that page, only the survey site itself and an opportunity to create an account and survey. Can I take it directly without creating an account...??

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#3 of 7 Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Link is broken.

#4 of 7 Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Opps sorry about that, I thought I had double checked the link. Thanks for notifying me.

Hope this one works: http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LCDHKJ_3970647f

Edit: Yes, you should be able to take it without making an account, just make sure you click the "Finish Survey" button on the bottom. Thank you.

#5 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Interesting question. Though I think it would have been even more interesting if you also put it in relation to education, religion etc. because I feel the groups "asian" and "white" are so diverse that you need more categories in order to be able to make use of the data in research purposes.

#6 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, those along with other concepts would have been helpful to specifically differentiate groups. But I'm actually using a general framework to see if there is a cultural difference in the use of physical discipline, mainly that of Western vs Eastern. And if acculturation has anything to do with the practice, but I actually realized acculturation could play a role only after many people took the survey so I didn't ask sufficient questions to that could have been more helpful. This is also my first time I devised a survey so it's bound to lack in many areas.

#7 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I hope you're looking for responses from a variety of forums, on MDC you'll find we lean away from corporal punishment compared to the average American family (minimal use or no use of it).

Tags
Gentle Discipline

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page