Stop waking the baby!!! Advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I guess this is the right place for this... maybe... since it's bringing out anger in me and I feel like screaming at my kid for it.

My 10 year old is a great kid, GD since birth, but he's a little spacey at times. Anyway, for 6 months (which I feel is long enough to get it through his head!) he wakes the baby up. He'll barge into my room when I'm nursing the baby to sleep to tell me something, or barge in from playing outside hollering about some neighborhood kid drama, and his voice is LOUD! He does this almost daily! For 6 months now! Cuss.gif

I have talked to him over and over and over about being QUIET when he comes into the house or when I am in my room nursing. Sometimes he is really good about it but he still forgets often. He apologizes and then does it again. It's driving me nuts! hammer.gif

I'm about ready to lock myself in my room with the baby and ban him from coming in there! That feels so wrong though... and I want him to have access to me when he needs something, but quietly!!! Ack.

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM

Would a Quiet sign on your door help? I think you're right that you have to have quiet and privacy to get the baby to sleep. Could you put up a quiet sign on the door and something big at the front door that reminds him? You can tell him that you have to lock the door when you're nursing the baby to keep it quiet, but that he can slip a note under the door if it's really important. Hope this helps.

#3 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 05:32 PM

Yeah, at 10 years old I would put a sign up, maybe 2 signs up - one at the main door or other doors he might be passing through, and one at the bedroom door - if that doesn't work, I'd lock it - he's 10, not 2 (or 3, 4, 5) and I think he can probably fend for himself for a while, and if there's a real emergency he could just shout and it would be understandable.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#4 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I will try the signs. Maybe even a big, neon flashing sign lol.gif

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page