what one thing do you come back to most often? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-05-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Hi,

A friend recently asked me about gentle discipline and I shared the following with her:

The technique I come back to most often is focusing on what my DD can do, rather than telling her lots of things she can't do, and--to the extent possible--phrasing things in a positive way.

What's the thing you come back to most often?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I come back to what you do so very often. It honestly works out for the better for everyone in my family. 

Another for me is to be sure I take care of myself, to rest and stay calm so I am not too overwhelmed and avoid moments of breakdown for me.   I get so wrapped up with wanting to be with my son and husband when we can that I forget about myself.  Even if it means a walk to the grocery store, mow the yard, etc.  In my home, I feel it is super important that my husband and son have their own time together without me. 

Edited for typo! 

'09   
#3 of 3 Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwillow View Post
Another for me is to be sure I take care of myself, to rest and stay calm so I am not too overwhelmed and avoid moments of breakdown for me.   I get so wrapped up with wanting to be with my son and husband when we can that I forget about myself.  Even if it means a walk to the grocery store, mow the yard, etc.

That's a great one! smile.gif I too like spending as much time as I can with my DP and DD that time taking care of me can fall away and I'm so much better for everyone if I've taken the time to take care of myself.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page