5 yr old taking off pants in school - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sigh. just what the title says. i'm at a total loss as to what to say to her. she knows better; we've had all the usual talks about body parts and public and stuff. she told the teacher "i don't know" when asked why she did it, which is the usual answer to  anything asking her to examine her own behavior. how do i even begin to approach this?

i'm sorry if this belongs in the ages and stages group instead.

#2 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How did the school handle it?

I don't know how many kids have modesty at that age, but my older one sure didn't. She'd come home and take off all her clothes (except underpants) when she got home from school.

I think I'd just tell her that it isn't OK to take clothes off at school and leave it at that, personally. Or I'd probably state it in a positive. "The school's rule is that you have to keep all your clothes on when you're there." I don't think I'd do anything else.
#3 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazee View Post

Or I'd probably state it in a positive. "The school's rule is that you have to keep all your clothes on when you're there." I don't think I'd do anything else.

^^Agreed.  

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#4 of 5 Old 08-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My kiddo would take off clothes he just plain didn't like.  Does her school require some type of 'uniform' and she is rebelling :)

Uniform clothes tend to be stiff and not the most comfortable.

If these are 'regular' clothes, non uniform, could she be: hot, cold, clammy, sweaty after recess, sticky from lunch, messy from a craft, dirty from the floor?

Kindy kids are a whole nother species at times.  Figuring out what the issue is takes time and patience.

Other than Rule #1 Clothes must stay on at school IDK what to say.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#5 of 5 Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I would just repeat the rule her teacher probably told her unless this is an ongoing issue. If it is ongoing I would ask if the clothes are uncomfortable and bring her to get more if they are but also very firmly let her know that she needs to stay dressed at school at all times.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page