Keeping shoes on in the car - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i think it sounds like you found a great cause and effect for her to learn and understand, that seems like the holy grail of parenting, i will keep this logged in my mind for when it comes up for us.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#62 of 64 Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Thats great! I will remember this for when I need it, pretty soon lol

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#63 of 64 Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was wondering how a thread about toddlers taking their shoes off in the car could get so many responses! But now I get it. smile.gif

I was going to say that your options are to get harder to remove shoes, put her shoes on when you get somewhere instead of before she goes in the car, or just deal the best you can with her shoes off and see if things improve. LOL. I don't consider dealing with it to be a punishment, unless you're browbeating her over it or approaching it in a shaming way or something. Sometimes putting her in a cart is just going to be easier than putting shoes on. One of mine was a shoe chucker and it gets crazy if you're on an errand with like 5 stops. It ends up taking a ton more time if you're searching for shoes and socks and then putting them on over and over. I finally just started carrying mine (I was not pregnant) and putting her in the cart when she did it, not intended as punishment but simply to save time and my sanity. And yeah she got tired of that and started keeping her shoes on. She wanted to be a big girl and do everything All By Her Self. (Two words intentional - that's how she said it.) Luckily this was in the summer as I live in a cold climate. I would have had to plan errands for when she could stay home with her dad otherwise I think, and she wouldn't have liked that either. They aren't going to be happy all the time. Life happens and sometimes you just have to deal with things the best you can.

Anyway, I'm glad everything is going well.
#64 of 64 Old 11-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Yay for her (and you too).  Sound like you knew what would work out best for her in the first place, actually.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page