Sleep training yes or no - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI my lo is 8 months and i have been trying to get her to nap in her crib.She wants no part of it.She was a colic baby so for her naps she would nap in her bouncer chair now she is too big it was time to go into the crib...not.I know all the signs for when she is tired and have a semi routine for nap time.She just fights me and wont sleep. I am not of a believer of the CIO method she did enough crying when she was a newborn due to being colicky or as the doc called it reflux so CIO is out of the question.I have tried everything bottle no bottle in my arms rocking her i could go on and on.The only way i can get her to nap is in her car seat carrier and before you know it she will be too big for that too.Im just so exhausted with this whole nap thing.Bedtime is a different story she falls asleep in my bed and then i gentley place her in her crib. i wish she would do the same for nap time.My husband says to stop stressing over this because eventually she will figure it out on her own and fall asleep. So is my husband right should i let her be or should i keep trying...thanks

#2 of 6 Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Read this book. She has loads of tips and advice for nap troubles. You make your own plan by picking and choosing what fits for your situation, and if you want use her logs and planner sheets to help keep you on track.

We never really needed this particular book, but I tell you her advice for toddlers (she has no-cry books for babies as well as toddlers) saved us from months of terrible bedtime struggles. Check it out! Good luck mama!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#3 of 6 Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi i have the the no cry sleep solution .I find it to be a bit confusing maybe the no cry nap is easier to follow i will have to check it out.

thanks

#4 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, she offers lots of solutions so you pick and choose what works for you. I never used the original one just the one for toddlers and I found it easy to follow.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#5 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Have you tried having her nap in your bed with safety measures to prevent rolling off?

You could stay with her until she is asleep (hands open, limp arm stage) and then go.

Would you be interested in wearing her on you for naps?

Lastly, some set-up on the floor, if that is feasible, in the main living area, may be helpful. You could lay with her until she is asleep then roll away. This may give her some of the security that babies seek, so that they know they are not alone.

#6 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I used this with my kids and kids I babysit. In the crib, rub the back. Baby fusses or stirs, I just repeat, "Time to sleep" and sing a lullaby.  The voice should be caring but firm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page