Experiences with Parents Anonymous - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Not sure if this would be the right place to post this...If it should be somewhere else, please let me know where it should be posted...but I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Parents Anonymous that they would like to share with me, as I am thinking of getting involved with them. I have heard that they emphasize better coping skills, anger management strategies, communicating without yelling, and gentle discipline. I understand that this is a very sensitive issue and if you are not comfortable posting here, please pm me. Thanks in advance.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband, mother of ( June '09), two (July '13), and a little due March '15. hopeful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think this is where I'd put it, and I'll bump this up so hopefully you'll get some responses.

And love to you in your parenting journey!
#3 of 3 Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I worked as a facilitator for parents anonymous for several years. Are you interested in joining the program as a parent or a volunteer? The program is designed to help parents make positive choices in raising their children. The families involved are a blend of people referred by counselors or someone similar,and those ordered to attend by the courts as part of a domestic violence/abuse/custody case.

The meetings are usually once a week and start with a family dinner that is supposed to help create positive interactions between parents and kids. The families then split, with the kids going to a separate area. Both parents and children have a chance to work on issues that may be going on at home.

If you would like more details please pm me. I'm on my phone at the moment so typing long posts is challenging.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page