Two year old nasties! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ok ladies. Need some advice/support. My newly -turned 2 year old (by 2 days) is going to push me over the edge I'm afraid. In her defense she has been very sick for the past week, but started to feel better when nana and papaw (my parents) arrived 3 days ago. Since they have been here, she has been the whinest, nasty little brat-way worse than I ever could imagined. My parents have handled it well overall, but I know they have hurt feelings bc everytime they try to do something with her she runs over to me and screams "mama do it". Never mind the fact that I was looking forward to doing some freezer cooking and sewing since I'm expecting baby #2 in 8 weeks. She ran away from my dad at the park today (toward the road!). I'm just at a loss---any advice; I'm really about to lose my shit over this one. X-posted in GD as well.

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Awe, just stopping by to give you a hug. Totally sucks sounds like my ds at times. He just turned 3. Literally 2 weeks ago I thought I was going to loss it no kidding. He was so into everything and I was in tears many times. I even made a post too. What changed? Nothing. I think that they are forever going through phases and I hope a better phase comes ago for the both of you soon.
Hugs
#3 of 5 Old 04-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

I've got a 29mo DD here...and she's very much about mommy...even when she wants daddy.  Tiring for me and I'm not even preggo so kudos to you!  She's always been super intense and independent which has it's pluses but the downside is definitely the whining and testing. We also had a quick moving stomach bug here just this weekend and Sunday the whining was like nails on a chalkboard.bawling.gif  Tonight she's just whine central over everything.  I just keep telling myself she's only little once and it will pass....or at least she will learn to control it!

#4 of 5 Old 04-04-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks ladies. Big hugs to you both. She is feeling better and the whining has subsided some. The last 3 days with my parents were great.

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
#5 of 5 Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)

One thing that helps with whining is to avoid being an unwitting behaviorist. You don't want to unwittingly condition your kid to whine.  So avoid giving whining attention beyond the minimum that you feel is necessary.

sierramtngirl likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page