Help 7 year old daughter out of control - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-02-2014, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ugh I am at my wits in with my daughter. she is 7 years old, and just refuses  to obey what I tell her. Its like she is fine until I have to give her her orders or when I give her a direction to do, she wont. She will make a fuss scream fight with me. She does this on a daily b asics, Yesterday for instance, we were coming from from school, I was going to get her an icecream, but she smarted off after I told her something. So I decided not to, so anyway she procedes to walk in the head of me, with people stopping to look at us in the street. So I am calling her to get her to come back to walk beside me and she just keeps ignoring me. anyway when I finally catch up with her.it gets worse, so much that a man thought he could interfer, I told him to but out and mind his own business.  We people here have s tarted to notice her behavior and have started to tell me maybe she is crazy and needs medicines. Well I told her to a doctor once, and he claimed it was a chemical imbalance, that could be cured in a few years with medicine. Well I tried the medicine, and honestly I did not like it, the first day she was like a zombie and was sleeping all the day  We are living in egypt, so they dont have the best of medical care here, the doctor was just not helpful at all. Anyway I took her off the medicine because I do not think she need it. So  I am just dealing with her own my own, as her father does not help and he is not involved much in her life. There have been a few problems and she has gone throught alot not only in her life but mine.

I do not want to spank her or hit her, as when I was smaller this was what happen to me with my parents mostly my step dad beating me. So i know what its like and I still have  emotional and physical problems dealing with that.   Right now I am trying time out, but even she refuses to do that. She will scream and kick and make a problem so much that I dont want to disturb the neighbors. Its like she thinks she can do what she wants wen she wants, and refuses to do even the slightest order.  And homework that is just and all day thing. when I start to tell her she needs to do home work omg it  just a battle she will pretend she is tired, so I  will try to tell her she can have so much time to finish a project and its like she will take  the rest of the evening to do it,and stall, I just dont know what to do any more, some times it leaves me in tears.

anyway  or suggestions would be appricated

hijab.gif  Super Muslimah  Mom to   Two amazing boys fencing.gif Cj(born March 1997) Adam ( born April 2005)  and Princess Aliyyah my little  high strung  over active girl   . hippie.gif March 2007 .
#2 of 3 Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Get this book, read it, and use the methods:

http://alankazdin.com/the-kazdin-method-for-parenting-the-defiant-child-with-no-pills-no-therapy-no-contest-of-wills/

sillysapling likes this.
#3 of 3 Old 04-07-2014, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks I will look in to it, and see if I can find it here.

hijab.gif  Super Muslimah  Mom to   Two amazing boys fencing.gif Cj(born March 1997) Adam ( born April 2005)  and Princess Aliyyah my little  high strung  over active girl   . hippie.gif March 2007 .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page