I don't believe in Spanking! What are your opinions? - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By katelove

#1 of 3 Old 04-01-2017, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't believe in Spanking! What are your opinions?

I hate child abuse of any kind. I adore kids and I could never even imagine hitting them. I wouldn't spank a child for anything. There are more peaceful ways to deal with kids that don't involve violence. How can we teach them not to hit if we hit them ourselves? The closest I have ever got to hitting a child is doing play sword fighting with them :P you know? Light sabers or wooden sticks or pirate swords but seriously I don't believe in any type of violence against children.

When I was 10 Years old I was in Walmart on holidays in Orlando Florida (visiting Disney World) and I saw a mother continue to smack her about 11 year old daughter on her head and bum non stop and the daughter was crying shouting "that hurts" and the mother didn't care at all. It breaks my heart.

I honestly didn't care then as I was only 10 years old but now I look back and think how cruel that was. I have read some children get spanked With belts, paddles, hair brushes, slippers, switches and canes until there bottom is bright red I have read that some children get spanked with switches until there bottom is actually bleeding :C And it breaks my heart.

Can someone please explain to me how some parents can be so cruel? Why would any parent want there child's bum to bleed just because they was naughty? That's terrible Horrible and most definitely child abuse.

Anti Spanking parents need to stand up for children and put a full stop to the cruelty that happens to kids in this world. If it's not okay to hit an adult then why a helpless child that cannot defend themselves. I HATE CHILD ABUSE :C and I know kids are naughty sometime I mean all kids behave bad sometimes but every child is special and deserves to be loved and treated with care. Discipline children gently and not with violence.

Do you think a little spank on the bum with your hand is okay though? I don't anymore but at least that is less cruel right?

Last edited by Childrenareawesome; 04-01-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2017, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
First of all, I think that hitting is not the same as spanking your child and I don't think spanking should be categorized as child abuse. I think a little spank on the bum is appropriate but of course, those who crosses the line and actually physically hurt their child they should suffer legal consequences.
#3 of 3 Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markons92 View Post
First of all, I think that hitting is not the same as spanking your child and I don't think spanking should be categorized as child abuse. I think a little spank on the bum is appropriate but of course, those who crosses the line and actually physically hurt their child they should suffer legal consequences.

Two things:
1) the mothering.com terms of use do not permit the advocating of physical punishment.

2) if you hit a child and it doesn't hurt then, then what is the point? The purpose of hitting them is for it to hurt so they don't want you to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beedub likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page