. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2005, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nevermind.

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 01:59 AM

Well, if it were me I'd try really hard to make a lesson plan that fills up every moment of time! Its hard with such a range of ages, but I'd keep a list of simple things to engage them in and move from one thing to the next. Plan 5 minutes for each activity. Sing, story, make a craft, eat a snack, sing again, play ring around the rosie (you'll have to hold the baby for that) and son on. If you keep them occupied and busy the whole time, then they will not have time to fight.

Is there any way to divide the group by age? I think it would be helpful to have the under 2 yo. kids in a separate room from the older ones, and have a 2nd caregiver take one of the groups.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:28 PM

You know, thinking this over -- I don't think a nursery care giver during a church service should ever need to "discipline" over a behavioral issue or put a child on a time-out. Its a relatively short amount of time and the parent's are nearby. If you really feel a child's behavior is out of control, then I think you should just go get the child's parents. I would be pretty ticked off if the nursery caregiver at our church ever put my child on a time-out.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I would be very unhappy if my children were put in "time-out" in children's church also. Have you asked the parents for help? They might have a suggestion.

You are definately set up for problems with that many kids in that range of ages. Is there someone at church that can help you restructure the Sunday School program?

Can you take the kids outside to play? My dds children's church leader's secret weapon is bubbles. Makes everyone happy.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

User Tag List