Logical Consquences - GD? or NOT GD? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 243 Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I know you can read because you sure post like you can. For your reference....
Quote:
Being a mama of an only doesn't change certain strongly held beliefs...sure if I had 3 or 4 kids I may not be able to do everything...like sling them all at once, I get that... but there are a few things I wouldn't ever do. Withholding food until morning is one....
Spanking and such is another. I have heard that before too. "Oh it is easy to not spank when you have one child... wait until you have another..."
...is what I actually typed. It doesn't change what YOU actually typed. Your son will have the natural consequence of going hungry until morning if he chooses not to eat at dinner and *controls you* by asking for food while you are cleaning up. Yes, I still believe that is wrong and no amount of sarcasm or insult or misquotes will change that.
#242 of 243 Old 01-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky2
I think this thread should be printed out by you mama's who have only one child so far. Read it again every 3 yrs or so and see how your views change.

Disclaimer.....not in any way, shape, or form trying to offend anyone or say you are any less of a parent just because you are only in the beginning of your parenting. I was there once myself.
Why would having only one kid have anything to do with being at the "beginning of your parenting"? I have one kid, but I've spent 13 years parenting...

dar

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

#243 of 243 Old 01-12-2006, 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=Dragonfly]Oh good grief. That is the most condescending, ridiculous remark.

I'm terribly sorry you thought so. It was surely not intended as such.

I also never said anything about having more than one child making you decide to start to spank, or withhold food (which, still, clearly no one has done), or anything of that nature.

To clarify my remark....I only meant that oftentimes, as a family grows together, and has more children, all with different personalities, views can change. When there is a big mix of ages in the family, combined with personality differences, new situations come up that often cause a parent to go a different route with their parenting. Not that your parenting CHANGES, just that sometimes a parent sees the need to make a turn on the path of parenting that was never even considered an option before.

I'm very sorry I ever got sucked into this conversation. Apparently, I thought this was a discussion board, and not a cut-throat debate board. It's too bad there's not a bit more love going on here, as it is very obviously needed.

I will bow out and leave you ladies to your bickering. I do have a wonderful life and will go live it now. Good day.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page