need help with twin 5yo girls - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2006, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have twin 5 year old daugters that are testing every limit I have right now.... not doing a thing they are asked to do, get dressed , brush teeth, get in the van to go, don't take off running with the grocery cart in the store, and I need some suggestions for positively getting them to do these things?! What do you do?

mama to 4:
: :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I learned the hard way. My first two of four children were out of hand, not responsive, pain in the b. I learned and improved and now, I have four well behaving children. You see, I wanted them to cooperate and they didn't. Then I learned to understand them and things changed dramatically. I listened to Babies and Toddlers, to Tame or to Trust tapes/CDs (amazon has it) and oh my, I completely changed my ways for the better. The author now published a book, which is even better.
Children should not be obedient. They should do the right thing because they want to, not because they are afraid of you, or intimidated. If you want your daughters to want to be cooperative and responsive, learn to understand how the "tick" and you will enjoy great girls.

User Tag List