I had a very proud gd moment this week, then a very dark moment - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, what I roller coaster I am on. So ds has now discovred spitting. I think it is becasue of ds #2 is a drooly monster and is blowing raspberries (he's 5 mos). Inside, I was climbing the walls. He was spitting all over the house! DH doesn't spit so I figure it was just a cool new thing he discovered. I ignored the behavior and walked away searching my brain on how to handle this one and calming down at the same time. Light bulb came on, I asked him if he was done, he said yes, i handed him a paper towel and asked him to clean up his spit and when he was all done i told him that if he needs to spit he should go outside or spit in the sink or the toilet. That was a major accomplishment for me!
Now for the dark moment this morning. I have been overtired for too long and I usually hit the wall by Friday. I don't even know what started it but he had me in a fit of tears. I called DH and was ranting on the phone and crying and i turn around and ds is standing on the counter! I lost it. I YELLED at him to get down off the counter while I was crying and I scared the you-know-what out of him. So then I start crying because I felt awful and guilty and sad. I had been goiong down that road all morning. Intellectually knowing what was going to happen if I didn't do something different but not knowing what to do and reaction took over.
UUGGHH!!! Why is it sooo hard for me to get it together. I lose it every Friday. Re-coop over the weekend, do fairly well all week. Start crying on Thursday and lose my mind on Friday.
#2 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

oops, how did i do that? i tried to edit and it posted twice.
#3 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 12:24 AM

I don't know..I responded to your thread and it's not there...maybe we posted at exactly the same time or something:

My suggestion was that maybe you could get someone to come over and take your ds out or take care of him on Thursday evening so you could get a shower, a nap or just read or walk or something...maybe a relative or a neighbourhood teen. Just to help prevent that Friday burnout.

oh and I also threw in a
#4 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 12:31 AM

Big mama. I had a bad moment this morning myself when DD, in the midst of a kicking, screaming tantrum on the couch, began kicking me repeatedly in the back. Until then I was holding it together so well, getting frustrated but hanging on, and then I lost it and yelled. Even the baby started crying : I was like, Darn, I didn't even make it to 9 a.m.!

By the end of the week, are you totally sleep deprived? Can you maybe make an effort to go to bed an hour earlier on Thursday night? I know that for me, as the week goes on, I tend to get more stressed about the stuff I needed to get done and didn't, and my nights get shorter and shorter, until the weekend when I can catch up again and DH is there to take some of the load, KWIM?

Good luck!

Oh, and ETA, on handling the spitting. Way to keep your cool

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#5 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 03:21 PM

We all have those less than stellar moments! It's great that you recognize a pattern though, so that you can work to resolve it. Don't exactly know what the answer is though. Maybe on those last couple days of the week get out of the house? I know that ALWAYS helps me! Maybe let him run around the park or go get ice cream, something like that? It may help if he "gets it all out" elsewhere where it doesn't bother you...and going to the park & chatting with other mamas always makes me perk up! Good luck! (Oh, and good job with the spitting issue! )

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 6 Old 06-24-2006, 03:24 PM

I'm really confused- I posted to this thread earlier, and now its gone. I'm thinking this thread has supernatural powers lol

I basically just said good for you for the good moment. We all have bad moments, especially when we are afraid for our dc safety.

And I said it sounds like you need a break on Wednesdays

Ok, nevermind- I found the problem- I posted to your other thread. lol

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page